Need Quick Advice About Oil!!

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My oil is crazy dirty and its only been 4500 miles since i changed it, i only run Mobile 1 Full Synthetic. Im buying a new filter soon but i want to kinda flush some of the black out before i put good oil back in it. This is what i plan:

I bought 9 quarts of full synthetic quaker state that im gonna use to change the oil ( and new filter), im gonna run it for maybe 5 miles or so, enough to let it get good and hot, then change it again and put my Mobile 1 full synthetic in (with another new mobile 1 filter).

Does this sound okay to you guys?

Throw a quart of trans fluid in the engine now, before you change the oil. Trans fluid is a detergent and will help clean some crap out.

SANTEEN said:
Throw a quart of trans fluid in the engine now, before you change the oil. Trans fluid is a detergent and will help clean some crap out.
Should I drain a lil out first, or put in 1 quart tran fluid and fill the rest with the Quaker state and run it for 30 min than change it again?

Psycho Mythic said:
Should I drain a lil out first, or put in 1 quart tran fluid and fill the rest with the Quaker state and run it for 30 min than change it again?
Either way is fine. You could drain a little first or just pour the quart it in as is and run it for a while. I'd probbaly run it for a day, rather than 30 minutes.

The P/N for the Viper filter TNVIPER is mentioning is 5037836AA

Its a heavy duty filter for the Viper engines.

dragon said:
The P/N for the Viper filter TNVIPER is mentioning is 5037836AA

Its a heavy duty filter for the Viper engines.
Ive already bought 2 Mobile 1 filters, are they any good to you guys? I got a $41.00 discount for getting the filters with the oil (plus a lil help from a buddy of mine at the parts store) but i did buy 19 quarts of oil and 2 filters...

Also, my bro that runs a shop said if i put the trans fluid in that it'll prolly smoke for a few weeks after :eek:

Psycho Mythic said:
Ive already bought 2 Mobile 1 filters, are they any good to you guys? I got a $41.00 discount for getting the filters with the oil (plus a lil help from a buddy of mine at the parts store) but i did buy 19 quarts of oil and 2 filters...

Also, my bro that runs a shop said if i put the trans fluid in that it'll prolly smoke for a few weeks after :eek:
No, the smoking will happen if you run the trans fluid through one of the vacum lines. Some of the old school guys used to do that to clean carbon off the valves. Kind of like a Sea Foam treatment. You'll have no smoking if you pour it into the crankcase with the oil.

with the heat in GA cody you should run a thicker oil, plus with the richness of our engines that is one of the things making your oil black, not the oil itself, changing it at 3000 mile intervals would help, changing filters, brands does no good

I just went to a heavier oil in mine. Since I also live in GA (it's going to be a hot one this year)
No issues, and she's running good!:burnout:
I change mine every 3000 miles, went with Royal purple 15W40 to see how it does.

I dont mess around with oil changes with a 18k motor. You really should be changing your oil at least every 3000 miles.

Cody your oil is supposed to be black, that means its working. Don't put anything in your engine that is not gonna stay in it. Change you oil every 3000 to 3500 miles with Mobil 1, you will have no oil related problems.

Cool, thanks for all the advice, I'll definately start changing at 3k. How many quarts exactly does your trucks take? Mines taking over 10...

Also, i wanna run some Lucas in mine, does anyone else use it?

Psycho Mythic said:
Cool, thanks for all the advice, I'll definately start changing at 3k. How many quarts exactly does your trucks take? Mines taking over 10...

Also, i wanna run some Lucas in mine, does anyone else use it?
8.5 qts. for me with filter.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back