Need Quick Advice About Oil!!

06's take 10 quarts. I change my oil every 1,000 miles. Like Jack said oil is cheap. Viper motors are not cheap to build. Oh I also use the Viper oil filter. My dealer told me I'm the only one who buys them.

MikeNice said:
I just went to a heavier oil in mine. Since I also live in GA (it's going to be a hot one this year)
No issues, and she's running good!:burnout:
I change mine every 3000 miles, went with Royal purple 15W40 to see how it does.

What weight oil are yall hot climate Ga guys running in your 10's anyway...I know I'll defiently do my oil oil changes as well as any other maintenace.....

Troy's QC SRT said:
What weight oil are yall hot climate Ga guys running in your 10's anyway...I know I'll defiently do my oil oil changes as well as any other maintenace.....
Just switched over to 15-50

Troy's QC SRT said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 79
Every 1000 miles :confused:

I guess thats not bad considering i dont put many miles on the beast though. Whats different about the viper filters? (other than the fact that they prolly cost alot more)

I LIVE HERE IN SUNNY SO CAL! JUST SWITCHED TO MOBILE 1 15W50 AND I LOVE IT! LOWERED VALVE NOISE, GOOD OIL PSI, AND SO FAR WENT FROM ADDING ABOUT HALF A QUART EVERY 400-500 MILES, TO NOT HAVING TO ADD ANY!!!!!(REALLY NICE FOR THE WALLET, THAT 0W40 STUFF WAS EXPENSIVE!!!) I ALSO STICK WITH THE MOPAR PERFORMANCE OIL FILTER..NO PROBLEMS!!!!:bandit:

thanks alot! I cant see myself having to change oil every 1k miles though....i can understand if you were always racing at the track, riding it extremely rough etc. etc but for me to use my truck as a dd and change it every 1k is crazy.......

VIPER-SARAUS said:
I LIVE HERE IN SUNNY SO CAL! JUST SWITCHED TO MOBILE 1 15W50 AND I LOVE IT! LOWERED VALVE NOISE, GOOD OIL PSI, AND SO FAR WENT FROM ADDING ABOUT HALF A QUART EVERY 400-500 MILES, TO NOT HAVING TO ADD ANY!!!!!(REALLY NICE FOR THE WALLET, THAT 0W40 STUFF WAS EXPENSIVE!!!) I ALSO STICK WITH THE MOPAR PERFORMANCE OIL FILTER..NO PROBLEMS!!!!:bandit:

Dang, you are hurting my ears..:vollkommenauf: ..........yeah, I use Mobil 1 15/50 too....

That would be tough since you just read the thread?!?!? Wouldnt your eyes be hurting??:dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back