Need some advice on another SRT-10...

Well you guys are great friends and help! I'm still going to have to take it and drive tomorrow and check it out to make up my mind. Thanks guys!

sleeper said:
IMO. Spend a little more for mint one with lower miles and no bad history.
That is what i was trying to say, Maybe i don't communicate to well.:dontknow: ;)

Theres a bunch of RC's for sale all over the country. Prices keep coming down also. I would be very picky buying in this bad economy. Theres great deals to be had.

Last edited:
well it already has the mods i would do. exhaust, k&n, bed cover. all i'm worried about is the front end and how well it drives.

Maybe offer $20,000 and then it is a steal.For $22,000,it isn't that bad,but..............the title thing would just worry me.

Seriously ,try to get him down to 20k even.

take it by your local dodge dealer, tell them what your doing, very nicely ask if you could get the first owners phone # so you could get info on the damage/repair work that was done. they can get his info from warranty info. if you know someone on the inside, this will be easy...good luck...also here in s.c., i think that stuff about the title comes off after the vehicle is sold once or twice...

Last edited:
I offered him 20K over the phone tonite and he said he will think about it while I am driving it tomorrow. There is a Corvette he really wants and the time the lady will hold it is running out. I've got him in a little bit of a bind.

good luck with it...wouldnt trade mine for nothin cept a vca truck or ce truck, thats only cause i likey the stripey...

I would stay away from it, pay a little more and get something better, this economy is causing the prices to fall and in one month it will add another year to the vehicle. All you need is a keen eye and a little perseverence and you will find another awesome deal, don't rush into this one because everything that glitters is not gold. Life is very funny I have had vehicles that I swore I would never sell and I ended up selling them because of hard times but they all had a clean history.There is nothing worse than having a vehicle with a poor history report because if you ever need to get rid of it for any reason people will take you for everything you've got and it will take you forever to sell it at your price and God help you if you have to trade it in or sell it to the dealership because you need a quick sale.

I got my 04 w/ 4000 miles for $28,000, not a scratch on it... and thats from a dealer! Look around, you dont want that rebuilt title! Spend a couple more thousand on one without. Personally I hate buying modded vehicles, id rather by a stock one and personalize/mod it myself.

Well I will sleep well tonight knowing that I gave someone the best advice that I could from my experience :D

Word for the wise, I would really use caution on purchasing any vehicle with a rebuilt title. I made the mistake back in the late 90's when I purchased a limited edition VW Corrado that was fairly rare but the specific car had a rebuilt title. I got a good deal when I purchased it but man I had one horrific time trying to sell the car a few years down the road. No one would touch the thing and the few that were interested wanted to buy it for next to nothing. I spent 4-5 months trying to unload the car and tool one hell of a bath when I sold the car. PLEASE use caution and I would really encourage you to be patient and look around for a truck with clean title and a history you can research. Did you CarFax the truck yet?? It may give you some minor insight into what happend with the truck and when & where the accident took place. GOOD LUCK!!!!:rock:

EMT/SRT said:
...I found a 2004 RC with 21000 miles on it. It already has a Pace Edwards electric bed cover, K&N kit, headers, Magnaflow, dropped in the rear. Never been smoked in. It has some minor paint defects from the older gentlemen and a garage. Just surface scratches. I can get this truck for 22,000. Should I? TIA

View attachment 21595

View attachment 21596
You can only drive one truck at a time:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back