Need some help here...

HDGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to put on a new throttle body and was not happy with it. The truck idled all over the place...any where from 600 to 2500 rpm. Every time I touched the gas pedal, it came to idle at a different rpm. Keep in mind this is a 2006 RC with 4000 miles on it. Anyway I put my stock throttle body back on and same thing. Am I correct in assuming that I need to go buy a new TPS?...really...after 4000 miles? Is there somebody out there that can shed some light on this. And yes I had the TPS indexed correctly. Are the bolts that sensative to torque? Should I bust out my torque wrench? Does the truck need to learn something since I unplugged the sensor? Thanks for any input.

if it does it with the stock one back on, might be a vacuum leak.

hoses all on & tight fittin???

mountin o'ring did not tear/break on ya???

something wrong with the idle air motor????

My spring was sticking because it had polish stuff in it. maybe you have dirt in it.

So I went to put on a new throttle body and was not happy with it. The truck idled all over the place...any where from 600 to 2500 rpm. Every time I touched the gas pedal, it came to idle at a different rpm. Keep in mind this is a 2006 RC with 4000 miles on it. Anyway I put my stock throttle body back on and same thing. Am I correct in assuming that I need to go buy a new TPS?...really...after 4000 miles? Is there somebody out there that can shed some light on this. And yes I had the TPS indexed correctly. Are the bolts that sensative to torque? Should I bust out my torque wrench? Does the truck need to learn something since I unplugged the sensor? Thanks for any input.

make sure first the vaccum line under the tb is connected and not leaking

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back