Need some help with paint removal

Haterade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last week as I was backing out of the garage, I did the unthinkable. I rubbed up against the door frame of the garage. Lucky for me the house and the truck appear to not have suffered any serious damage. I am pretty sure I got luck with just paint transfer from the house to the truck. I need some ideas on what to use to help remove the paint from the truck. I have heard that some cheap (turtle wax) wax would have enough detergent in it to remove the paint. I was also told that gasoline would do the trick. I am willing to use what ever plus good old fashioned elbow grease to get it fixed. I am just at a loss as what to use.

The paint is above the rear wheel wheel and on some of the plastic effects. I will post some pics as soon as I figure out how.

if the paint on your truck is factory (NOT FRESH PAINT) you can use paint thinner on it just dont rub very hard then use some compound to clean it up. I doit all the timewhen costumers bring there cars to work and want a quick fix.

I would use my claybar. I had some paint transfer from a gate that closed on me in Atlanta, and the claybar removed all traces of it!

Meguires(?SP?) scratch X worked for me.

WD40 also works without any scratching. Use a soft cloth. If that doesn't do it, then move on to something more aggressive a suggested above.

Use denatured alcohol... you can find it at home paint supply store. It's what most body shops use to take off painted on pinstripes. It will remove the paint and not harm your clear coat.

if none of the above works then just pee on a rag...squeeze excess pee out and wipe sweat off forehead...then wipe paint.........in other words any of the above should work......;) :marchmellow:

wheredwhogo? said:
or you could paint your truck to match your garage frame!!!!!!

I could also put a matching rub on the other side! I am just now getting over it. Thanks everybody.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back