need some help

SRT2SLOW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am still having weird idle problems ....I have to adjust the idle screw alot just to keep the truck on...the tps sensor showed it was 15% open so i backed it out a little and reset the pcm....the truck started right up and idle was at 800-900 until it warmed up then backed down to 700..took it out for a 10min drive and when i came to a light it would idle at 400 and die out...i reset the pcm again and drove it around again and it was fine for about 15 min... wtf .....so far I change the tps (4 times) iac (2 times) 2 tunes ...when the idle set screw was all the way in the truck would idle fine only once its warm up and throttle response was crappy...

I know the pcm controls the idle with the iac and i did the pcm reset the way ironface posted a while ago.....what else can i look for or test??

thanks

Maybe too lean ?
Did you check the lambda ?
This could be an idea.

Hope your truck runs soon fine again.

Arne

You must have a BBK ! There are a few issues with them. The best thing i did was loosen the mounting screws . And just snug them, barely squashing the o-ring . I believe , to enlarge the opening, the frame strength is gone! Tightening the mounting bolts will distort the throttle body frame. I would loosen the 4 bolts, backoff the throttle adjustment screw and force the throttle blades closed as far as it will let you .(to square the frame with the blades). Then just snug the mounting bolts . Set the adjusting screw until you feel no drag by the throttle blades. Reset the battery and go for a ride. When the engine warms up, check to see how much air is rushing through the IAC. Should not be alot. Pinch the hose to check. Adjust the screw to taste but small increments at a time. Keep the allen key with you and make small adjustments as go. Be very patient. .....Just my 2 cents

You must have a BBK ! There are a few issues with them. The best thing i did was loosen the mounting screws . And just snug them, barely squashing the o-ring . I believe , to enlarge the opening, the frame strength is gone! Tightening the mounting bolts will distort the throttle body frame. I would loosen the 4 bolts, backoff the throttle adjustment screw and force the throttle blades closed as far as it will let you .(to square the frame with the blades). Then just snug the mounting bolts . Set the adjusting screw until you feel no drag by the throttle blades. Reset the battery and go for a ride. When the engine warms up, check to see how much air is rushing through the IAC. Should not be alot. Pinch the hose to check. Adjust the screw to taste but small increments at a time. Keep the allen key with you and make small adjustments as go. Be very patient. .....Just my 2 cents

I belive he has a JTSVP Throttle body, E you've already tried a new IAC right?

i got a used one from a running truck....but i am gonna buy a new one today.....I do have tonys tb....when i had the bbk i had zero issues.....

i got a used one from a running truck....but i am gonna buy a new one today.....I do have tonys tb....when i had the bbk i had zero issues.....

Lead one to believe it's a problem with the throttle body itself, no? Do you have another to try? Stock or BBK?:dontknow:

i just ordered the iac from autozone...should be here by 3 if that doesnt fix it i will put the stock tb back....

sorry to say but i heard that BBK trucks usually have some similiar issues. that's why i suggested my uncle not to purchase it.

Never heard that about BBK's, every truck is going to be different though, maybe Dan the Fastman is the way to go, modded stock one..........

well....i put a new oem tps and iac and it idles right at 750 but the idle comes down slow and hangs at 1500 then 1000 for a couple of seconds before it rest at 750....what else can i try.....

Can you verify fuel pressure? Are there other problems besides the idle? stumble on acceleration? lack of power? miss?

O2 sensors?

well....i put a new oem tps and iac and it idles right at 750 but the idle comes down slow and hangs at 1500 then 1000 for a couple of seconds before it rest at 750....what else can i try.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back