NEED SOME INFO FROM U VENOMOUS 1 RACING

Reaction score
VENOMOUS 1 RACING THIS IS BITTENNIGHTRUNNER168.IM NOW LIVING IN ON ALASKA TX.COULD U TELL ME WHAT ENGINE OIL I NEED FOR MY 2006 8.3 AND HOW MANY QUARTS.IVE BEEN TOLD ROYAL PURPLE , MOBILE1 SYN, AND GOT DIFFERENT ANSWERS ON the weight..0 40 & 1030.I was told three DIFFERENT amounts of quarts.could you help me sir.

Just give Scott a call 254-722-5697

Oh and all caps = YELLING.....

Last edited:
VENOMOUS 1 RACING THIS IS BITTENNIGHTRUNNER168.IM NOW LIVING IN ON ALASKA TX.COULD U TELL ME WHAT ENGINE OIL I NEED FOR MY 2006 8.3 AND HOW MANY QUARTS.IVE BEEN TOLD ROYAL PURPLE , MOBILE1 SYN, AND GOT DIFFERENT ANSWERS ON the weight..0 40 & 1030.I was told three DIFFERENT amounts of quarts.could you help me sir.

10 quarts in your 06 sir. I prefer 15/50 Mobil1. That being said you can use stock weight of 0/40 if you'd like. I also race mine often so I prefer the 15/50.
Normally driven trucks are fine on factory fill. Main thing is to change oil regularly as we have no cam bearings so it really relies on oil film to protect from damage.
Hope this helps,
Scott
V1Racing

Why were the 04-05's 8.5qts and the 06 10?????

06's were designed to leak more and needed a bigger reservoir of oil

They accounted for the quart ventilated through the engine via valve covers and added a bit for the leaky oil cooler lines :D

OK, can an 06 pan go on a 04-05? or not worth the aggrivation>>

the 06 frame is different than the 04/05. don't think oil pan will fit

10 quarts in your 06 sir. I prefer 15/50 Mobil1. That being said you can use stock weight of 0/40 if you'd like. I also race mine often so I prefer the 15/50.
Normally driven trucks are fine on factory fill. Main thing is to change oil regularly as we have no cam bearings so it really relies on oil film to protect from damage.
Hope this helps,
Scott
V1Racing

+1 for 15W-50 Mobil 1. I like my hot idle oil pressure much better with the 15-50 than the 0-40:rock:

OK, can an 06 pan go on a 04-05? or not worth the aggrivation>>

It can be done but not worth it IMO!

the 06 frame is different than the 04/05. don't think oil pan will fit

Engine still mounts the same within the frame rails and has basically the same crossmember underneath. Whether the measurements of that crossmember are the same or not I'm unsure but visually look the same. Frame rails are very different as you said though. :burnout:

Yup, 0=40 for winter storage and cooler months, 15-50 all other times, love it, a lot less noise also.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back