Need some Information

NeedInfo said:
How far do you guys have your foot into it to get in the 9mpg? I know when I drive with my foot in it I get around 10mpg but when I drive with a "light" throttle its around the 14mpg mark give or take around town. It seems the more power I put into it the bestter the mpg gets if Im just driving normally. I know though V10 vs V8, I wasn't expecting prius mpg but not 9... Guess thats the price you pay to have fun though.

Mine seems to do the same thing, Drive around town average maybe 9.8, but this past weekend I got into it on 95 and mine jumped to over 10. Well I got some services coming up so that may help a little bit. I'm not complaining cause I did not buy this truck for it's MPG's...

NeedInfo said:
Yeah Im out of Phoenix Arizona so snow wont be an issue. Maintenace is expensive as it is for my truck since I am running all synthetics so no worries there.

After talking about it with my wife for the past few days she gave me the go on it so now I just need to find one in my area. There is one I am going to go look at this weekend and there are 2 others that are a little further out that I'll check out later dependig on how this one goes.

As far as it being a family truck, well it'll be more of a toy for me to get to and from work/track and with the back seat I'll be able to through a car seat and the dogs back there and load up the bed whenever I need to if we cant take my wifes crossover for whatever reason.

Sounds like a great plan....they are fun trucks. I love my QC for the room in the cab, like you need from time to time. I can even tow my motorcycle trailer and Harley if it comes up. I haven't modded mine yet except a drop in K&N, but after tons of reading posts and asking questions I will probably go with SCT tuner with 91 octane tune + stock tune and some Caltracs. I'll have it at the track a bit too but don't plan to go whole hog if you know what I mean.
Enjoy looking and finding just the right one! If there's not one you like in your area, check the club cause there are guys here who know where nearly everyone of them are, who owned them before, etc, etc. Best wishes.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back