Need some input. Round table discussion on the future of the Supercharger kits

Sean, the sidewinder wouldn't it cost a lot less to make that kit?

Add a intercooler, with the tuning available now who knows.

I've seen corvettes that pust 1000 hp with a sidwinder setup like that..........

I would buy the necessary parts to swap over.

Sean, I think the Sidewinder would be the way to go. You should be able to price the kits more competitively because we would be able to use our stock intake manifold along with the SCT tuner instead of VEC3. You could also offer different size superchargers, and intercooled and non-intercooled versions.

Once I finished with my current build, you can use my other bone stock 2006 for any tooling or R&D. Since we're both in Florida, I'm sure we can work something out. Just let me know.

Last edited:
blackviper said:
Sean, .................You should be able to price the kits more competitively because we would be able to use our stock intake manifold along with the SCT tuner instead of VEC3................. .

Not sure what you mean about the SCT George...I am using the SCT now and am very happy with it vs the VEC I previously had..:dontknow:

Larry, I just meant that the SCT is cheaper than the VEC3. So between the savings of the intake manifold and the use of the SCT there should be a substantial savings over the original kit. We know the VEC3 is a $1000.00 and the manifold should be another $1000.00. That alone is a $2000.00 savings. Now you would need to factor in the cost of the plumbing from the bottom of the S/C to the manifold, the S/C mounting platform, and the SCT. Probably a net savings of a $800.00 vs the original kit.

If you factor all the possible variatons of the Sidewinder kit, it should make it very cost effective from a production standpoint. With that said, these kit would not have any horsepower limitations because of the adaptability of the kit for different S/C sizes.

As a disclaimer, I'd lke to point out that these are my calculations. They are in no way shape or form to be construed as pricing on behalf of Roe Racing. This is simply a mathematical calculation for informative purposes.

Last edited:
blackviper said:
Larry, I just meant that the SCT is cheaper than the VEC3. So between the savings of the intake manifold and the use of the SCT there should be a substantial savings over the original kit. We know the VEC3 is a $1000.00 and the manifold should be another $1000.00. That alone is a $2000.00 savings. Now you would need to factor in the cost of the plumbing from the bottom of the S/C to the manifold and the SCT. Probably a net savings of a $1000.00 vs the orginal kit.

If you factor all the possible variatons of the Sidewinder kit, it should make it very cost effective from a production standpoint. With that said, these kit would not have any horsepower limitations because of the adaptability of the kit for differnet S/C sizes.

Understand what you meant now George...one thing...One of Roe's selling points was his intake flowed better than the stock resulting in better drivability..you wont have this with the stock intake..

Agreed. I guess you need to give up a little to get a lot more in this case.

TNVIPER said:
Definitely worth lookin at...why was it Sean abandoned the sidewinder kit?...

good question. I actually like the looks of it and it looks a hell of alot easier to be able to run higher boost and intercooler. As far as the the stock intake, well i think would flow well enough

Stock intake does good for the paxton, pro charger 1,300 hp turbo........

I think its the twin throttle bodies that can cause some headache.

Black1 said:
It's too bad we ran Barry off the first day he posted on the forum.... I need one of his Demon carbs for my Vette. :eek: :( :( :(

Ditto...... I was reading that thread right after my rig embarrassed me on the dyno :)

Definitely worth lookin at...why was it Sean abandoned the sidewinder kit?...

I believe he polled both designs and the top mount was the cosmetic and majority winner.

bigike said:
Ditto...... ...right after my rig embarrassed me on the dyno :)

023_notwhat.jpg

I'll crunch the numbers and look over the dyno graphs on the old sidewinder setup if you guys are no keen to possibly going that direction. It was a group decision to go with the top mount and using the hood scoop for air inlet.

Yeah, it was too bad you guys were a so harsh with Barry. He's a good guy and is very into his Viper Ram. Could have been good for the club.

Roe Racing said:
I'll crunch the numbers and look over the dyno graphs on the old sidewinder setup if you guys are no keen to possibly going that direction. It was a group decision to go with the top mount and using the hood scoop for air inlet.

Yeah, it was too bad you guys were a so harsh with Barry. He's a good guy and is very into his Viper Ram. Could have been good for the club.

Do it Sean..I am definitely interested..

blackviper said:
Sean, I would have to say I'm a fan of the TS. Maybe continue offering a 3.3 litre kit along with a 4 litre upgrade. Nothing comes close to the torque at low RPM's. The problem lies in the HP limitation because of the lack of an intercooler. I think your very first design (yellow truck) in which the SC mounted sideways or a SC with the intake on the front rather than the top would be the way to go. This would allow for at least a 3 inch intercooler core and the use of your existing manifold design. I would be interested in the brackets and setup you used on the yellow truck if you still have any of those parts. I've attached some pics of my progress.

sidewinder-C.jpg

CIMG8292.jpg

CIMG8290.jpg

CIMG8294.jpg

CIMG8293.jpg

CIMG8289.jpg

CIMG8295.jpg
Sean you know where my vote is. I went from turbos to s/c's 1 because I got a great deal on a used Roe, and with the advise of the forum when I joined I had no problems with the Product other then what problems I created:eek: And for those who question buying a used s/c the main parts of the package are not really somthing that would break except the blower which Kyle had inspected by PSE before sending it to me. So that is a big plus if I ever decided to go more power I know I can sell it (Not gonna Happen:marchmellow:) and the sidewinder is an option of Like the man I quoted a way to go for more power to incorperating a intercooler. P.S. I love ya my wife not so much:p :D :marchmellow:

Sean,

I am heading out to panama city for our annual GTG, so give me a call

when I get back and we will discuss it bud, I will be back by tuesday, andyour welcome to call anytime:)

Roe Racing said:

It was not our finest hour... that's for sure. :( I hope he could give us another chance some day, now that some of the riff-raff is outta here. :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back