Need some URGENT advice!!

evanandretti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting my tranny rebuilt, and they said my clutch needs replacing. They ordered a Luk clutch - quotes be 550 bucks canadian. Never heard of Luk before, I'm kind of on a budget and I just got quoted 1500 usd for the centerforce clutch and viper hydrolics which is too much. Is this Luk clutch a good option or going to be a bad idea? I'm going to be doing very minor performance upragdes and don't do any racing or anything. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

evanboychuk said:
Getting my tranny rebuilt, and they said my clutch needs replacing. They ordered a Luk clutch - quotes be 550 bucks canadian. Never heard of Luk before, I'm kind of on a budget and I just got quoted 1500 usd for the centerforce clutch and viper hydrolics which is too much. Is this Luk clutch a good option or going to be a bad idea? I'm going to be doing very minor performance upragdes and don't do any racing or anything. Any advice would be greatly apreciated. Thanks!

You can get a SPEC from Tony for just a few bucks more, and you'll know you're good to go.

evanboychuk said:

Yea never heard of it eather, but it sounds like LUCK only they can't even get the spelling right:dontknow: so it that good or bad(luck):D

The factory clutch is made by Luk.

There are better choices if you are going to perform upgrades in the future.

The hydraulics should be upgraded as the stock throw out bearing is pretty weak. You need to upgrade the clutch master cyl and slave with the Viper car items.

Our vendors can help you with the clutch and hydraulics.

I think its similar to stock actually. What if a guy put this in and upgraded the hydrolics when I can get the cash? I'm not hard on the truck can't see it needing a big upgrade if nothings wrong with the oem.

evanboychuk said:
I think its similar to stock actually. What if a guy put this in and upgraded the hydrolics when I can get the cash? I'm not hard on the truck can't see it needing a big upgrade if nothings wrong with the oem.

For not much more Cash you can get a Centerforce, and there is kinda a problem with the stock one...:D

i have 70k on my oem slave(warranty replaced the original at 15k), and 85k on the rest of the system with no issues...still on the original clutch, too...;) and i drive it pretty rough...and pull a trailer regularly...

and even racerboy FATSACK used the oem clutch for a long time with upgraded hydrolics...

viperhauler said:
i have 70k on my oem slave(warranty replaced the original at 15k), and 85k on the rest of the system with no issues...still on the original clutch, too...;) and i drive it pretty rough...and pull a trailer regularly...

and even racerboy FATSACK used the oem clutch for a long time with upgraded hydrolics...

..... and when your factory clutch goes out, will you pay $550 for another stocker... or $600 for a SPEC?;)

i already have a spec in the garage...i got it right after tony started selling them...with a new oem flywheel and NEW factory hydrolics....:aetsch:

but i am extremely please with how long i've had this one, and it has served me well...and they wouldn't put THAT shitty of a clutch in there....

that's all...

get a spec, get a factory oem flywheel and oem hydraulics if needed, from there you will be good to go, like dan says, we can even get a stage II for an oem replacement, not very expensive at all

guyrobert said:
If your short on cash check ebay Luk is $240.00..

I thought this work was under warranty but was denied. If I was doing it myself I'd go that route, but obviously the shop wants there mark ups etc. I'd put a centerforce in if I didn't have to pay for the rebuild and was doing it myself. I think i'll let them go ahead and install it, they already have the tranny out. Not charging any labour, just 50 bucks extra to resurface the flywheel. I'll upgrade the hydraulics when I have the cash and see what happens from there. Thanks for everyone's input!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back