Need Spark Help, really going crazy now!!!

Rickspeed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm really going nuts, before I pull the blower off and swap out the coil, is there a way to test the voltage through the wire going to the plug. This is where I am at. Pulled plug, replaced it with new, still running cold on cylinder 5. Put a plug in wire and grounded plug, there was spark. Checked resistance on injector and it was 21, and voltage to injector was .45 which matched other injectors. So now the only thing it could be is spark is not strong enough. Thanks a bunch for any help you can lend.

Ok so I bought a spark plug wire checker, light flickers, and is bright as other cylinders, but fuel is not getting burned off. Could it be the coil pack? Is the spark not hot enough in that cylinder?

compression/leak down test????

Wire mixed up with another one? Your getting spark but maybe not at the right time. Can you see if there is another dead hole? Or maybe a plugged injector. Did you swap It with for example #1 inj.?

#5 and #9 are on the same coil right beside each other and are running mates, And firing order is 1,10,9,4,3,6,5,8,7,2

Check to see if cyl 9 has a problem maybe you mixed up the wires on the coils if you didn't touch those.

Try this and we will see where to go next.

Ramchargerguy said:
#5 and #9 are on the same coil right beside each other and are running mates, And firing order is 1,10,9,4,3,6,5,8,7,2

Check to see if cyl 9 has a problem maybe you mixed up the wires on the coils if you didn't touch those.

Try this and we will see where to go next.

all wires are ran correct, double and triple checked them. Only one that is dead was 5, its getting fuel, and its getting spark so its either faulty injector, wire, plug or coil. Moving injector in the morning, and i will recheck number 9.

So I swapped injectors this morning, and even though the resistance matched the other injectors, it must be dumping fuel or stuck open. So now the question is where do I get a Delphi 01D030B 42# injector, and why it went bad when the Roe kit I bought had less than 300 miles on it? So my main question is has anyone had issues with the injectors that come with the Roe Kit?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back