Need Stronger Wheels

cgperry

Reaction score
When I went to get tires last time, three of my four wheels were bent. I bought a used set on eBay, but when I had the tires balanced this week I found out that two of the four new ones are now bent.

They are all bent on the inner surface, and my Dodge mechanic (who I trust implicitly) has told me that these wheels are a relatively soft alloy and because the inner edge is so far from the center support, they do bend easily. He recommended seeking an aftermarket wheel.

I would like to know your recommendations for a replacement wheel, based on strength. I have no interest in "bling" wheels and I actually really like the stock wheel design, but I can't keep having wheels straightened every couple of months.

The truck is my daily driver and has 70k trouble-free miles other than this irritation.

A bent wheel is a rare occurance, have them road force balanced by someone who truly knows how to do it and don't worry about them.

FATJACK said:
A bent wheel is a rare occurance, have them road force balanced by someone who truly knows how to do it and don't worry about them.

You did notice that he has 70k on a 06' didn't you Jack?:dontknow: :D

sorry to hoe up your thread, but where you at in SC and are you coming to the Macon Ga GTG

I had one come up bent. Tire installer stated he couldn't get it to balance. Mgr had him bust the tire down and close inspection showed that it was bent but do to the installers bone head move. He used too much clamping force when he mounted the tire. I've got over 70K miles and 6 sets of tires with just the one rim having problems.

the oem rims are more durable the aftermarkets. i have seen many curbed oem rims that were still true.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back