Needs a pic of Evap and canister!

_Malm

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please take a picture at the Evap leak detection pump under the car in the front of the fueltank? I need to see the hoses thats connected to it, especially the one that goes to the canister. I would be very thankful if someone could upload that!

Have a nice weekend :D :D

Best regards from Sweden! / André

any of these help??

Attachments

• IMG_0001_3.jpg
    IMG_0001_3.jpg
    449.7 KB · Views: 10,023
  • IMG_0002_2.jpg
    IMG_0002_2.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 1,192
  • IMG_0004_2.jpg
    IMG_0004_2.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 876
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    441.2 KB · Views: 1,492
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 2,644
ARRESTmeRed04 said:
any of these help??

Ohh yes they sure did! Thank you very much for the fast pics!

Regards, André

Are the two vacuum lines that run towards the back with the fuel line the ones that go to the evap canister?
I wont be running an evap so am wondering if I can just plug the lines.
Cheers,David.

:dontknow:
_Malm said:
Hi, can someone please take a picture at the Evap leak detection pump under the car in the front of the fueltank? I need to see the hoses thats connected to it, especially the one that goes to the canister. I would be very thankful if someone could upload that!

Have a nice weekend :D :D

Best regards from Sweden! / André

Not sure if this is the reason for asking but i thought i might add. I scan between 10-20 check engine lights a day for the past 5 years. And ive had Hundreds of evap codes. If the reason you are asking has anything to do with the evaporative emissions control system check engine lights. Replace the cap. The computer goes completely retarded when the pressure sensors read high or low. Truth is the damn things dont have a clue what the readings mean, and will tell you everything that could cause it. The caps have gasket that cracks and a spring loaded valve that gets dislodged or wears own, and its own built in torque wrench. 2 clicks thats it. But in 5 years ive never sold a single item for the evap system but the gas cap, and the customers dont come back with the light anymore. :dontknow:

JeffBoyette said:
:dontknow:

Not sure if this is the reason for asking but i thought i might add. I scan between 10-20 check engine lights a day for the past 5 years. And ive had Hundreds of evap codes. If the reason you are asking has anything to do with the evaporative emissions control system check engine lights. Replace the cap. The computer goes completely retarded when the pressure sensors read high or low. Truth is the damn things dont have a clue what the readings mean, and will tell you everything that could cause it. The caps have gasket that cracks and a spring loaded valve that gets dislodged or wears own, and its own built in torque wrench. 2 clicks thats it. But in 5 years ive never sold a single item for the evap system but the gas cap, and the customers dont come back with the light anymore. :dontknow:

Thats exactly why I´m asking. I got the code P1494, LEAK DETECTION PUMP SWITCH OR MECHANICAL FAULT.
I have bought a new Leak Detection Pump but I haven´t tried it yet. I also have checked all the hoses from the pump and all the hoses of the Evap. I haven´t found any crack on them or anything that can cause it. But you are sure it´s the gas cap that causes this code making the engine light goes on?

Thank you,

Replace the cap, reset the comp. If it comes back press on. Its alot cheaper to return a cap than what you already bought. Ive seen all kinds of shit blamed for what the caps cause. .02

JeffBoyette said:
Replace the cap, reset the comp. If it comes back press on. Its alot cheaper to return a cap than what you already bought. Ive seen all kinds of shit blamed for what the caps cause. .02

Ok, is it possible to reset the computer only by taking of the battery for a while? What do you mean about "if it comes back press on"? Is it possible to see if a gas cap is damaged? Maybe you can see it on the gasket?

Best regards,

Most commonly it is the valve in the cap, or people crank them down too much and the built in torque wrench fails, preventing the gasket from sealing. As far as the CEL ive never disconnected the battery as i have had access to a scanner. If i remember correctly disconnecting the batter for 10 minutes or more, resets the code, AND YOUR RADIO PRESETS, and resets the computers adaptive memory causing your truck to drive different until it re-learns everything.

Most autoparts stores have a obdII scanner you could borrow to erase your own code. Although it is possible, that if the problem is the cap the light will go off after you drive it a few and it no longer sees the problem.

If it was me i would erase it.

Then you mean if you make a few click, the valve will be destroyed after a while? I will order a new gas cap and see if it helps! Thank you very much for the tip :)

JeffBoyette said:
What fixed it?

I haven´t been able to try it yet, got the gas-cap yesterday from my dealer.
How do you mean you should tighten the cap without hurting the spring and the valve inside? :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back