New and need help!!

gotviper05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's up fellow SRT-10 lovers!? New to the group and was wondering if anybody had any advice on what size rims and drag or street slicks work well. I don't have any power adders yet but I would like to harness what I've got first! Thanks!

Welcome sir! I personally love my CCWs in 16" but Bogart also makes some but anything 16" requires grinding :(
A lot of it

Thanks! Oh no, grinding wont work lol I wasn't sure how small diameter of a rim I could go, found mickey Thompson street slicks in a 20 inch rim but I would need a 20x10-12 rim. How wide of a slick could I use? Was thinking maybe a 18" rim combo ?

Thanks! Grinding doesn't sound good! Lol grinding on what? I've found a mickey Thompson street slick that goes on a 20" rim but ive had a problem finding a 20x10" rim for a ram :(was thinking maybe an 18" rim but don't know how small I can go to clear the brakes.

Thanks! Oh no, grinding wont work lol I wasn't sure how small diameter of a rim I could go, found mickey Thompson street slicks in a 20 inch rim but I would need a 20x10-12 rim. How wide of a slick could I use? Was thinking maybe a 18" rim combo ?

You can do 17" drag radials but if you're serious about traction 16" slicks are the way to go:burnout:
You have to grind calipers about 4 hours each

Hmmm well darn Lol any specific brand of 17" rim, width, offset etc? I don't want to modify the truck too much from stock yet. I appreciate the help !

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

With a 17" Eagle, Pacer, or similar style 057 wheel works but sticks our a bit. Nothing out there really with correct offset and backspace :(

Yeah that's what I've been finding out. I've seen on hennessys website their rims look half way decent and they've proven they work but Idk what kind they are either. I just want to put slicks on the back and leave the stock rims up front. How much material do you have to grind off the rear calipers to get them to clear the 16" rims? How wide of a rim and slick can I go?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I ran 390/40R17 MH drag radials last year, no grinding and lazy me could drive to the track and home without changing wheels at track. This year I'm trying 28/10/17 Hoosier slicks, they are shorter and may not work well. Most tracks require driveshaft loop with slicks.

Yeah lazy sounds good to me but I don't want to waste $ on ease I'd rather have functionality.the ol rock and a hard place! What kind of rims are you running? And how do you add friends on this site? Lol

I ran 390/40R17 MH drag radials last year, no grinding and lazy me could drive to the track and home without changing wheels at track. This year I'm trying 28/10/17 Hoosier slicks, they are shorter and may not work well. Most tracks require driveshaft loop with slicks.

You have 4.10s? Those 28's should work great! On spray I dunno though, but I hated my 390s :(
Way too short for a 4.56 6 speed imo

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back