new brake pads are nice!

What will it cost to have a shop throw a set on never done brakes and not about to start now.... :confused:

Craig said:
What will it cost to have a shop throw a set on never done brakes and not about to start now.... :confused:

That's how I think. Would have ended up there if it wasn't for someone doing it for me out of paternal obligation.

Shouldn't be that expensive, it really was about a 30 minute job.

wo1sjb said:
Oh yeah...one more thing. They fit right in, no modifications required. That was a huge plus for me. I'm no mechanic and if you can't fix it with a multitool and a swiss army knife then it is above my skill level. :D

I installed centric brake pads on the fronts today. Just went through the bedding process and so far no squeek. However, I did have to file them a bit to get them seated right. :dontknow:

cold said:
I installed centric brake pads on the fronts today. Just went through the bedding process and so far no squeek. However, I did have to file them a bit to get them seated right. :dontknow:
Did those pads come from me? If so, do you remember if I shipped them from my inventory in NJ or if I drop-shipped from California? If you don't recall, can you send me a PM with your name? That way I can check my records and see where your pads came from. (Assuming, of course, that you bought them from me.) I'm trying to chase this issue down. These pads should all drop right in without any filing required. Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

wo1sjb said:
Just changed the pads, then did the bed in as per the instructions on zeckhausen's website.

Plus, my Dad actually did it and he said the rotors were fine...I don't know what turning the rotors means. :dontknow:

Don't worry about the questions, if I didn't have my dad helping me I probably would have killed myself with the jack.
Did you change the rears too?:dontknow: Did you have to remove caliper if you changed the rears?

DZeckhausen said:
Did those pads come from me? If so, do you remember if I shipped them from my inventory in NJ or if I drop-shipped from California? If you don't recall, can you send me a PM with your name? That way I can check my records and see where your pads came from. (Assuming, of course, that you bought them from me.) I'm trying to chase this issue down. These pads should all drop right in without any filing required. Thanks!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I ordered through your website and they came from CA. I will PM with my info in case you need it.

Is there a difference for the brake pads needed for QC's. The web site just shows 04 and then 05/06. I just want to make sure I'm ordering the right ones. Dealer wants $350 for a brake job. F that.

FlyingLow said:
Is there a difference for the brake pads needed for QC's. The web site just shows 04 and then 05/06. I just want to make sure I'm ordering the right ones. Dealer wants $350 for a brake job. F that.
No difference in the pads. The pads change from model year 2004 to 2005-2006. All models within those years use the same pads as each other.

DZeckhausen said:
No difference in the pads. The pads change from model year 2004 to 2005-2006. All models within those years use the same pads as each other.

I just ordered some through your web site. Thanks!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back