New brake pads

MikeNice

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just like to say....
Zeckhausen Racing ROCKS!!!!:rock:
I received my new Posi-Quite pads today as promised. (I ordered them yesterday)
Dave answered all my dumb questions:confused: and was a pleasure.:)

Great customer service!:D
I know he is not a supporting vendor "YET", but would make a great addition. I will be installing the pads tonight, let you all know how it goes.

MN:burnout:

shade said:
Goods pads. I bought the truck with 120 miles and that was the first thing I did.

God I love your signature line!!! I spend more time looking at your post (not so much reading them).

Thank you sir for being on this board :rock: :rock:

On a side note... Dave kicks a$$ He helped me with bedding my brakes.

How much are they? Do they have same stopping power as OEM? They have them for 06? What is the % of dust reduction?

In my opinion Dave is an innovator for the SRT8's which had terrible dust (as the SRT10's) and was the first to come out with a pad.
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/srt8-general-discussion/19053-solution-srt8-brake-dust-rotor-scoring-squealing-problem.html?highlight=low+dust+brakes

To answer your question about the % of dust, IMO 98% of the dust is gone.
The braking performance is the same. The only thing I noticed different is the with the stock pads when you push the pedal it jerks on that initial bite, these dont do that but they the stopping distance is NOT increased.

amtrucker22 said:
God I love your signature line!!! I spend more time looking at your post (not so much reading them).

Thank you sir for being on this board :rock: :rock:

On a side note... Dave kicks a$$ He helped me with bedding my brakes.

To bad, I really have good things to say :rock:

TREKER said:
How much are they? Do they have same stopping power as OEM? They have them for 06? What is the % of dust reduction?

Here are some of the answers which can be found at this thread:http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10320&highlight=centric

moparracing said:
after much research & on advice from a member "shade", i decided to give the following pads a try:

for 2005-2006 Model: ram srt-10

Centric Posi-Quiet Extended Wear pads offer a stable friction level across a wide temperature range. Low dust, long pad & rotor life, low noise, w/OE designed shims to reduce pad vibration and squeal. Not a track pad.

63-106-1085 Fronts-$70

63-106-0702 Rears-$40

they can be gotten from:

David Zeckhausen
Owner, Zeckhausen Racing
(973)761-5054

www.zeckhausen.com

these pads eliminated the brake squeak & greatly reduced the brake dust with no difference in braking quality...... i also followed his brake bedding procedure with good results:

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

the only issue had was on installing the front pads, they required a little filing to fit properly (easy to do), i've attached a pic showing where i had to file....... this is the same issue that guys who bought the autozone #1085's had...... these pads are twice the cost of what the autozone pads are & less than the ebc pads, but completely solve both issues we all have dealt with.... David Zeckhausen is awesome to deal with too !!!! you won't be disappointed !
:D

after mentioning the issue with filiing down the front brake pads to get them to fit properly, dave replied with this:

"Randall,

I raised this issue with the president of Centric Parts. He had his guys pull a set of pads off the shelf and test fit them to a set of SRT-10 calipers. They've figured out what needs to be changed and have pulled all their inventory off the shelf and are modifying the backing plates. These should be back on the shelf and fixed by Monday. Future backing plates will be manufactured correctly.

Now, someone needs to get hold of Autozone and see if they'll fix their pads too. ;-)

Thanks for the feedback. It was very useful.

Dave"

what a guy !!! i'd buy parts from anyone with this kind of service !!!

Well they're installed and bedded. AWSOME:rock:
Almost no dust and NO SQUEAL!!!!!!! Stopping is about the same
as the OEM pads.:D

Dave's service was great, the product was great, the installation of the pads
was eeeeeasy;)

Recommend to all.

Side note: The squealing was so bad before the new pads my wife told me to "Spend the Gosh Darn money, I'm tired of hearing the squeal".

MN

this is the best person i have come in contact with business wise ever. he is awesome, i kid you not. i have the pads also and they are greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt. 99% of dust is gone. brake sqeal is gone. no mods to get them installed. just great. zeckhausen is a really good guy man, his 300 is bad ass too!

vaderSrt10 said:
this is the best person i have come in contact with business wise ever. he is awesome, i kid you not. i have the pads also and they are greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt. 99% of dust is gone. brake sqeal is gone. no mods to get them installed. just great. zeckhausen is a really good guy man, his 300 is bad ass too!

Thanks for the info... Maybe I wont have to cleam my rims every few hours to keep them nice.

Gonna try autozone to see if they have them.

hey mike thank u for the info on the pads, will b contacting them monday,

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back