New Brakes

QckSlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just put on the new brakes - put on new rotors and pads all the way around

contacted Zeckhausen Racing, bought the normal rotors (they offer slotted) and the pads

just got them installed and OMG I am so happy there is no more noise!

ok so I do admit that I have given up some stopping power, it is still good, but you do give up some of the grabbiness that you have with the OEM set up.

I don't care, what an enjoyable ride, when you touch the brakes there is no noise and that is worth it.

Dollars and sense - all 4 corners, new rotors, new pads $530 plus shipping
which was way under OEM, in fact I even called that dealership in TX that discounts everything to like 10% plus cost or something like that, and this was still a way better $$$ solution, and did I mention there is no noise!

I did get 30k miles out of the stock set up, and my fronts were wore the hell out, in fact there was so little pad material left on the fronts that another day or two and I would have been metal to metal, rears were fine, but who cares, there is no noise. Rotors on the front were worn and there was a huge lip on the outside edge of the rotor so machining was probably not an option and for $530 on a QC I would suggest that anyone do this swap!

I had the Zeckhausen pads on my former SRT8...The first mod I did when I bought my truck was to install Zeckhausen Posi-Quiet pads......almost no dust and in over 11K miles not a single squeek...

I went with the slotted rotors with Posi-Quiet pads.I like em alot.:D Dave is a great guy also.

never spoke with anyone there, just took all your advice off this board and found what I needed to on the website and placed the order

there were enough people giving him props on this board for me to know it was the way to go - now I can add myself to that list of fans

I know there are other combos on this board, but this worked from mile one

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back