New Clutch , master, and slave = new truck.

furgy667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing the Spec clutch , and the viper master and slave upgrade and I cant stop :) . It really is like a new truck. Previous owner had installed the center-force and did not upgrade the master and the slave cylinder. The pedal pressure was pretty aggressive before( left calf is twice the size of the right) , and now its so much better. I just went with the spec stage 2 , and I am happy with my choice so far. The single best thing is I no longer have to shut the truck off to get in reverse!

Also installed the ebc green pads and the seem to have more stopping power but boy do the squeak. I did a quick bed in on them but I may need to just spend more time with this.

Thanks to Tony at JTS for helping get everything together.

Brandon

i have a nice spec in the garage just waiting for the right time....

as for the greens, i think you'll like them...i don't think they stop quite as good as the stockers but to get rid of that god aweful squeal...priceless;)...btw, you might get a little squeal after a few miles...but do a panic stop from 80-20, and it'll go right away...i'm on my second set of greens (3 up front)

Congrats!!! I'll find out next winter if mine makes it that far!!!
If the clutch slave goes out before then, I'm gonna leave it in the garage for a time out.

viperhauler said:
i have a nice spec in the garage just waiting for the right time....

as for the greens, i think you'll like them...i don't think they stop quite as good as the stockers but to get rid of that god aweful squeal...priceless;)...btw, you might get a little squeal after a few miles...but do a panic stop from 80-20, and it'll go right away...i'm on my second set of greens (3 up front)

The only reason I upgraded the brakes was to get rid of the brake dust. That and I could see that the fronts only had a couple of thousand miles left in them. I had no squeal before . I did a quick bed in right after the install . I did an aggressive stop from 40, a aggressive stop from 60 , then one from 80. Never really got on the brakes that hard before the greens where installed , but I was impressed with how well she can stop when you need her to. The only time I get the squeal is when I am lightly using them.
Any advise.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back