New Clutch

Mace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say that I gathered as much information as I could in regards to replacing the clutch and one of the guys over at Roe Racing told me which direction he thought I should go. He mentioned going with upgraded slave/master with the stock clutch, and I have to say that I was a little skeptical at first, but then I called Patrick(Dragon) over at Avondale and got him to send me the stock clutch and had the stealership install it all. THen I got the call to come pick it up and MAN!!! THe clutch pressure when pressing the clutch has been lessened by 2/3 and its SO SMOOTH! JUst wanted to let all the guys know how it turned out... after the 500 mile break in, I will let you know how it all performs. I am sure that its not as HOPPED up as the centerforce... but I dont race my truck... TOO MUCH!

Go easy on her for at least 500 miles, I recommend 750-1000.

No hard launches, steep driveways or towing till she's broke in!!

Try to get lots of city driving in those miles!!

Good Luck!!!:rock: :D

keep us informed! thats probably my next mod, although i'm approaching 8,000 mi. and no problems:dontknow:

Yea, I had almost 24k on the original clutch.... I had them check the service records on the truck and that is the original clutch or he had it replaced somewhere other than a dealership!

Spoken like a true tightwad! Come on man, join the 75$ a week gas club!

Daily driver... however, it's 30 to 60 a day round trip so i'm good ;) Also,
good decision on the clutch... i wish i didn't live so close to WVA as the hills
here aren't bad but the road i take is the only road to my destination and it
does have some killer hills so i didn't get it break it in properly...

Sharpi

Hills are bad, just when you have to stop then get going again uphill. Thats what burns the clutch. Going downhill..........no problem.

Good luck with the clutch Mace. With the new viper master slave, it'll be a totally different unit. Be patient with the break in.............very important.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back