New Dodge RAM

Mr5150 said:
Its just economics. People can't afford $50k trucks anymore and the gas that goes along with em. This is as good as its gonna get for now. Some tuners are saying that with a good tune this hemi can make as much power as a 6.1

But its never gonna be a srt 10 :D plus the 6.1 gets shi**y gas milage to at least I heard the jeep does:confused:

see so they should put that new 8.4 in a 2009 srt 10 truck lol Now that would be interesting:D I know id be first in line to buy one of those bad boys.

Oh and maybe they could have worked on that traction issue a little bit for us:)

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis said:
see so they should put that new 8.4 in a 2009 srt 10 truck lol Now that would be interesting:D I know id be first in line to buy one of those bad boys.

Oh and maybe they could have worked on that traction issue a little bit for us:)
they should put the 8.4 V10 in the Dakota...offer the new 6 speed diesel auto, 4.88 gears and a partially tubbed bed. If they did it for $40k I would be interested. More power than the SRT10's with 1000 less pounds.

Dakota SRT10...

BurntRubber said:
they should put the 8.4 V10 in the Dakota...offer the new 6 speed diesel auto, 4.88 gears and a partially tubbed bed. If they did it for $40k I would be interested. More power than the SRT10's with 1000 less pounds.

Dakota SRT10...

Hmmm why do it think the term pancake when i read this :D

BurntRubber said:

:rock: :rock: :rock: Dakota SRT10... :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

i have had that thought myself. in a 2002 model.
think it has been done all ready. seems like i have seen photos. they moved the cab back & extended the finders & hood.
talk about traction probs. lol

ZCx said:
BurntRubber said:
i have had that thought myself. in a 2002 model.
think it has been done all ready. seems like i have seen photos. they moved the cab back & extended the finders & hood.
talk about traction probs. lol

Someone has put a Gen 2 motor in a 99 model and just had to shoehorn it in. Another person put a Gen 3 in an 02 I believe and did all that you said. The only problem with putting one into a dak is that you can take an R/T, stroke it to 408 and supercharge it and have 500-550hp without paying to have body parts moved around. Now.. if you really wanted to play you could supercharge an 8.3 and have upwards of 700rwhp in a dak. :burnout:

That makes me think of a dude that pieced together his 408 stroker by himself buying used and discounted parts off the web. He is running high 10s on a bad tranny due to using a 300shot of nitrous. :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back