New Exhaust Installed Today...

Is the blappy harshness simply over modulation of the volume or is that the true sound.?

D

Prof said:
Do you think that is how the local Wadsworth constables will view it?
Hope so but if it is in the garage they can't say anything until you put it in the road. Are you gonna cone it or run another pipe or are you just leaving it open? does sound the best I have heard on here so far:burnout: :D

I want to tone it down just a little...it will require some testing...I don't want to piss the police off. But it will probably stay that way until spring...(May???)

Prof said:
I want to tone it down just a little...it will require some testing...I don't want to piss the police off. But it will probably stay that way until spring...(May???)
what about inserts it should quite it down a tiny bit and not mess with the flow a whole lot just another option for you.

Looking for all the suggestions I can get...willing to work out of the box...thinking about reinstalling just the Magnflow resonators...they are straight through, but have some expanded area to soak up some of the sound...I would need to place them at just the right spot to soak up the maximum sound (where the amplitude of the wave is at its maximum) but I have to figure out how to measure wave amplitude...

here's a idea I've been thinking of: removing the X on my section for the exhuast, think about it. vipers sound damn good and they do not have a crossover pipe. they just go ot the side pipes on most models. I like the way those sound the best. so Ive been thinking of just removing the crossover section on the magnaflow and putting some type of muffler on each pipe close to the exhuast tips. FYI, I have mopar LT's no cats and the magnaflow exhaust.

Last edited:
That is my concept with the resonators...but the pipes are so close together from the rear of the muffler aft...

thinking of using the Sportsman Street XL ---- 3441XL series, they should fit together inline vertically.

here's a pic:
15.jpg

you can get it center or side or offset enter/exit.
here is the link to their site:
http://spintechmufflers.com/spintech/spintechindex.asp

Last edited:
Prof said:
Looking for all the suggestions I can get...willing to work out of the box...thinking about reinstalling just the Magnflow resonators...they are straight through, but have some expanded area to soak up some of the sound...I would need to place them at just the right spot to soak up the maximum sound (where the amplitude of the wave is at its maximum) but I have to figure out how to measure wave amplitude...

Try These:D

Attachments

• 11-21-2008 03;28;02PM.jpg
    11-21-2008 03;28;02PM.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 11-21-2008 03;33;11PM.jpg
    11-21-2008 03;33;11PM.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 23
Roy, did Sean tune to get all the popping out??:dontknow:

That is the one thing that I do not like about these motors. IMO;)

Prof said:

Go with the Borla....... It's a fkn symphony.... Plenty of lovely round engine growl.... No obnoxious hardness..... Makes your baby sound like Godzilla gargling Texas tea......

D

He tuned every single last pop out...there is no wasted fuel dumping into the exhaust system...he is

"The Viper Whisperer"

mr. anderson said:
here's a idea I've been thinking of: removing the X on my section for the exhuast, think about it. vipers sound damn good and they do not have a crossover pipe. they just go ot the side pipes on most models. I like the way those sound the best. so Ive been thinking of just removing the crossover section on the magnaflow and putting some type of muffler on each pipe close to the exhuast tips. FYI, I have mopar LT's no cats and the magnaflow exhaust.

Thats simular to what I'm doing,but I think the Vipers sound killer mean with the Corsa exhaust,I have LT Mopars w/ catless Mopar mids and I'm going to use two "black" Corsa mufflers,sould sound mean:burnout: :burnout: :D

mr. anderson said:
thinking of using the Sportsman Street XL ---- 3441XL series, they should fit together inline vertically.

here's a pic:
15.jpg

you can get it center or side or offset enter/exit.
here is the link to their site:
http://spintechmufflers.com/spintech/spintechindex.asp
i have a 4inch oval one of those on my camaro and it seriously is no quieter than no muffler at all!
Get borla xr-1 or dynomax ultra flow

That's good input...experience is relevant! Thanks. It is too loud now...no tickets today, but I was pretty worried.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back