new exhaust throwing o2 sensor codes???

kylightning73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a question. i put a new b&b exhaust on my truck with belanger straight headers from roe racing. now this did away with my downstream o2 sensor. trip a code of course. so i got o2 simulators from roe racing, put those on, retuned my truck with my STC tuner and now is throwing a low voltage code to my o2 sensor. any way to fix this? and does it affect the engine performance?

kylightning73 said:
got a question. i put a new b&b exhaust on my truck with belanger straight headers from roe racing. now this did away with my downstream o2 sensor. trip a code of course. so i got o2 simulators from roe racing, put those on, retuned my truck with my STC tuner and now is throwing a low voltage code to my o2 sensor. any way to fix this? and does it affect the engine performance?
if you got your tunes from roe, did he turn off your rear o2 sensors - usually does......
if not & are using simulators, which ones - mechanical or electrical? :dontknow:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435119&postcount=2

:)

moparracing said:
if you got your tunes from roe, did he turn off your rear o2 sensors - usually does......
if not & are using simulators, which ones - mechanical or electrical? :dontknow:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=435119&postcount=2

:)

i got my tunes from SCT DCX XCalibrator 2 Handheld Programmer. and i think i have the electrical SIMS from roe.

in your link it looks like they're is a place for a downstream o2 sensor. mine are gone with the new exhaust. that's why i went with the roe sims.

kylightning73 said:
i got my tunes from SCT DCX XCalibrator 2 Handheld Programmer. and i think i have the electrical SIMS from roe.

in your link it looks like they're is a place for a downstream o2 sensor. mine are gone with the new exhaust. that's why i went with the roe sims.
as stated above, sct doesn't do your tunes - vendors like roe do....

if you haven't had the rear o2 sensors tuned out of your tunes & you are using the electrical sims, you may want to do a forum search on them.... as i recall, the electrical sims had two wires crossed that blew a fuse & caused a code like yours.... :dontknow:

Here are the instructions for the Roe sims......have this set for $80.00 shipped if anyone needs them:D

Please note #3 on the instructions..........

Attachments

• ROE SIMS ( 02 DAKOTA) 002.jpg
    ROE SIMS ( 02 DAKOTA) 002.jpg
    685.3 KB · Views: 1,084
Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back