New Forum Features!!!!

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am on another forum and found these features. I think they add alot to the site.

http://www.tufat.com/s_flash_chat_chatroom.htm
Its an instant chat room, no need to ho up sthread over idle chat. You open the site when you log onto the forum, leave it in the background and when someone wants to talk you hear the chime over the speakers.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=171014
These are two bars between your name and your avatar. One indicates your points and your "level" on the forum, the other indicates how active you are compared to the most active user.

These bars are part of vBexperience level and activity system. It will calculate an activity and experience score for every user based on their activities on the forum.

This mod was developed because of dissatisfaction with the post count being used as a gauge of how valuable a member is to a forum. Communities are not only defined by post count, they need much more parameters: Are the postings the user creates helpful? Are his threads frequently read? Does the user participate on the community by posting pictures, attachments, leaving visitor messages, tagging threads?

Taken into calculation are these things:
Threads
- Created threads
- Thread views of own threads
- Thread replies of own threads
- Thread votes of own threads
- Thread tags (vBulletin 3.7)
- Replies to own threads
- Sticky threads

- Views on attachments

User
- Days since registration
- Referrals
- Received infractions
- Reputation / Use of reputation system
- Visitor messages on profiles (vBulletin 3.7)
- Members of own social groups (vBulletin 3.7)
- Albumpictures (vBulletin 3.7)
- Friends (vBulletin 3.7)
- Position on the forum staff.

I won't even read Jeff's post because he has less then 200 posts. :D

Seriously I agree with Stinker. The post count is useless.

Sorry to say, Jeff, but you're wasting your time.

I've offered up tons of forum suggestions to Patrick over the last 2 years.
Not one has been implemented.

I even offered to do the coding.
Nada.

Good idea, but it won't happen.

TheSickness said:
You have been saying that for 4 years....Go make some parts and race the Bike would ya :D

eehhh my racing days may be over, injuries are starting to take there toll:eek:

but I still got a few good laps left here and there;)

Stinker said:
eehhh my racing days may be over, injuries are starting to take there toll:eek:

but I still got a few good laps left here and there;)
Baby J has been asking boutcha.....I won't tell him you are not racing, Don't want to see the look in his eye. I will just say your doing other things like makin parts :D The shrine still exists I will post a pic after work tomorrow for ya :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Kevan said:
Sorry to say, Jeff, but you're wasting your time.

I've offered up tons of forum suggestions to Patrick over the last 2 years.
Not one has been implemented.

I even offered to do the coding.
Nada.

Good idea, but it won't happen.
I like the Flash Chat feature...I think Ill do that; I will get working on implementing it.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!

-Red

RedSrt007 said:
I like the Flash Chat feature...I think Ill do that; I will get working on implementing it.

Thanks for the heads up Jeff!

-Red

HELL YEAH!!! Thats what im talking about. This is why this is the best damn forum out there! Results!

JeffBoyette said:
HELL YEAH!!! Thats what im talking about. This is why this is the best damn forum out there! Results!

Patrick rocks!!!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :marchmellow: :p

For those that are curious and didnt look it up, flash chat is going to be a vtcoa only chat room that doesnt show the world what you talked about. Only those in it can read it live. Should help with tech support and questions, can talk shit without spamming offensive threads, or say hey and get an instant response. Im looking forward to it.

Great job, Jeff! Can't wait to be cruising the forum and hear a chat chime in from another member. That will be a nice addition. Sounds a lot more fun than PM'ing.

EMT/SRT said:
Great job, Jeff! Can't wait to be cruising the forum and hear a chat chime in from another member. That will be a nice addition. Sounds a lot more fun than PM'ing.

:dontknow: You can cut the chime off, or not log into the chatroom if youd like..:dontknow:

Chat was tried a couple of times before.
No one used it.

I don't see it used on any of the forums I frequent.

Ahhh sun of a beach! The government got my chat blocked. I suggest it, its implemented in one day, and i cant even enjoy the dammm thing!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back