New grilles and head lights installed

05Silver10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my new grille and head lights installed today. Its amazing how much it cleans up the front. This is how it should have come from the factory. :rock:

Before:

After:

I am also working on painting my under hood mat. What do yall think? I will get more pics when I finish and reinstall it on the truck.

I was thinkin of doing something similar to this and then using aome fiberglass resin to help stiffen it up a bit so it doesnt sag anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinkin of doing something similar to this and then using aome fiberglass resin to help stiffen it up a bit so it doesnt sag anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A couple of extra holes and a few more push pins work well:rock:

Sharp Man, did you just remove the Mat, Mask and paint?

I removed it and cleaned it gently with a damp rag. When it dried out I used high temp BBQ pit paint in a spray can to paint the mat. It takes about 6 coats because the mat soaks up a lot of paint. I let it dry about 4 days just to make sure it was good. Then I used acrylic paints and a paint brush to paint the writing on the map. It also took about 6 coats to cover good. Painting the mat also stiffened it up a lot so hopefully it will last a while longer.

It would be great to find a set where all 3 grille patterns matched, scoop grille, engine grilles, and bumper grilles....and not the bars.

I did the exact same thing on my '06 and I LOVE it. Your silver truck looks SO much better, like you said Dodge should have done this from the factory. Great job and love the headlights, too. I also hand painted my hood liner, it grabs people's attention. Since the motor sits so low most people walked right by and never even noticed, now they see those words and come over to peek.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back