New guy Charleston SC

ninjakris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 05 QC a couple weeks ago. It was the fully built one listed in the classified section. There is a lot of work done to the truck which doesn't really scare me since I'm used to being around modified cars. There was a couple issues I had to take care of immediately before I could really drive it.

-Lower radiator hose had a crack and was leaking. I replaced it and all is good in that department.
-Oil fill cap gasket was leaking oil on headers which caused burnt oil smell. I put in a new gasket and it seemed to fix that.

I have a couple other issues I need to fix, but nothing too crazy.
-The catch can leaks a little where the viewing tube is. I'm hoping I can take it apart and reseal it.
-I have a rattle in the dash somewhere behind the stereo. Hopefully I can find it.
-Steering wheel vibrates and steering feels numb in general above 65mph.
-I'm still getting a slight funky smell when I stop or park the truck. I'm thinking its either coolant (although I haven't lost any coolant since the repair), or exhaust leak somewhere.

As for things I would like to change:
-Full aftermarket exhaust sounds good, but its too loud for a DD. I'm looking for a full OEM setup to put on.
-3 pod gauge pillar isn't necessary for me. I'd like to put a OEM single pod piece back in.

Overall the truck is pretty bad ass. The shifts are VERY firm, but I guess that comes with having a built transmission. This will be primarily my DD along with my 14' Viper. I'll also be using the truck to tow the viper to race events in the future. Hopefully once I get the couple issues resolved, it will be a good truck for me.

I'll add some pictures once I take some.

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Welcome. I've been thinking of getting a matching viper for my truck. Just keep buying upgrades for the truck instead of saving for the car.

Welcome, I'm just up the road from you in Sumter. Sounds like you have two things I'm looking for and I have two things you are looking for as well... hint hint lol

Welcome, I'm just up the road from you in Sumter. Sounds like you have two things I'm looking for and I have two things you are looking for as well... hint hint lol

What are those two things I have that you want? I'm always down to make a deal especially if you are close and don't have to do a bunch of shipping. I would PM you, but I don't have enough posts yet.

Welcome. I've been thinking of getting a matching viper for my truck. Just keep buying upgrades for the truck instead of saving for the car.

The struggle is real. I have always loved vipers and I'm on my 3rd one now. I had a basically stock 03', and a supercharged 06'. Both have the same motor as the truck, so I'm very familiar with that side of things. I'll make sure and post some pictures when I eventually tow the viper with the truck. It should look pretty bad ass.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. I have a couple leads on oem exhaust already, you guys are great.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back