New guy from Iceland

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.Piceland

Reaction score
Hi guy´s

Been observing the forum for a while now, but never posted before.

My name is Bragi and i am a a very proud owner of one of three SRT trucks in Iceland.

My truck is a 2005 red quad cab, have had it now for one and a half year and could not be happier with it. Was completly stock, apart from a custom made exhaust and driven just over under 7000 miles.

At 9000 miles i like so many others started to have transmission problems but was able to finish the summer by driveing like a old lady and used the winter to do a complet tranny rebuild. I hopes of never having to do this work again i went with alto Alto Red Eagle master rebuild kit, extreme duty brass impregnated carbon fiber flex band, Transgo 48RE Shift Kit, performance 3-4 accumulator spring, heavy duty Sonnax low / reverse servo, Sonnax heavy duty / no leak intermediate servo cover, full time torque converter fluid feed valve, heavy duty intermediate band apply strut, Sonnax 300M input shaft, 10 overdrive clutches, all extra clutches needed for the buildup - 2 forward clutches and 2 steels, 1 overdrive brake clutch and steel with thin backing plate, deep cast aluminum pan and one thin forward backing plate. The torque converter will be a full size triple clutch billet converter for V-10 with 500rpm higher stall. I just finished the work and have not tested the car after that at all becouse it´s still winter here.

I have gone to the drag strip once and the 1/4 mile time was 13,9xx don´t remember the details but this was when i had just gotten the truck.

And as you can see in the pic´s somewhere along the way i painted the front grille black and took the letters of the side and installed the NIGHTRUNNER wheels but i think i like the stock wheels better but i have both with tires so just depends on the mood

Future mod´s are....as much as my budged allows

Attachments

• alskonar 145.JPG
    alskonar 145.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Ymsar myndir 136.JPG
    Ymsar myndir 136.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Ymsar myndir 137.JPG
    Ymsar myndir 137.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Ymsar myndir 138.JPG
    Ymsar myndir 138.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Ymsar myndir 141.JPG
    Ymsar myndir 141.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Ymsar myndir 144.JPG
    Ymsar myndir 144.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 32
  • ýmist dót 002.JPG
    ýmist dót 002.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 42
  • ýmist dót 003.JPG
    ýmist dót 003.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ýmist dót 004.JPG
    ýmist dót 004.JPG
    364.9 KB · Views: 40
HOWDY & welcome to the RBC.:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

sounds like a helluva nice tranny build:rock: :burnout:

is there many highways there, so she can stretch her legs????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

never heard of that kind of oil. GULL oil???? any good???:D

FATJACK said:
Welcome to the RBC, about time you spoke up. We need to have an Iceland GTG...

that would be neat.

from photos, looks to be pretty country
:rock: :rock: :rock:

THX guys

nothing new from iceland since this is a old thread, The truck is in winter mode for now so it´s just parked. Got a few runs on the drag stip past summer after tranny build and best time so far is 13,744@105 MPH Got a serius traction problem hope to get MH-slick in time for next summer

36114_404120096902_341303671902_4599524_5526504_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back