New guy on the block from TN

RowdyReg

Reaction score
Hey all i just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I just bought a bone stock 04 RC with 41k miles two days ago. I had a lightning a few years ago and had built it into a really fun truck but gave it up for marriage and all that crap. Well fast forward a few years and now that she has a baby to collect child support and get allimony im going thru a divorce. Well im needing a new project to apply my kind to and not focus on the negative so i found my dream truck. Once i get my 4 posts ill post pics but its a black 6 spd all stock. I have a ton of ideas of what im going to do but with the holidays fast approaching and a 21 month old son paired with a costly divorce, i will have to be smart about it. Aesthetcally im on the fence between blacking it out and tastefully adding alot of the snake skin green. Im seriously thinking of adding some snake skin green racing stripes as well as hydro dipping or powdercoating soke snake skin green components under the hood and in the cabin.

Im in the process of ordering all my focal speakers and amps for a nice sound quality install. Im really wanting to do some budget friendly power mods. If anyone has any good deals oj lightly used stuff please give me a shoutm im aware of the classifieds section but i wont have the time to get on here on a daily or hourly basis and ive seen that the good stuff goes quick. Im looking for a cold air intake, throttle body, underdrive pully, possibly a short throw shifter, performance handling lowering kit, headers and exhaust and a programmer. Im still spending hours upon hours researching as to what the best bang for my buck is with all these add ons but if you have any good deals or can tell me where ill find the best deals i will surely appreciate it. Im also located in Tennessee if that matters. Sorry for the wordy post and thank you in advance

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Welcome to the best place for knowledge, mods, and great people that share the love if the great SRT-10:rock:
Id be glad to help you on your parts list and we have our own UD. Pulley made right here in Waco, TX. The smallest, lightest, and best power releasing pulley out there.image.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Mount Juliet, close to Nashville. Another couple of people round here too.

Where in the state are you?

I'm Jeremy, welcome BTW.

howdy & welcome to the RBC:rock::burnout::rock:

wow, Thank You..

I sure appreciate the warm welcome from all of you. I apologize for the typos in my post and future posts, i am accessing the forum using my droid cell phone. I was on a work project in new jersey last year and llost almost everything to hurricane sandy including computer and i just havent been able to buy another. I am located in Sparta, Tn which is only 10 mins from Cookeville. I do pipeline work and travel all over the country for work but have been going thru a horrible divorce and fighting for my 21 month old son so i actually sold my 2013 wrangler to free up some cash and bought this truck and now all i want to do is spend money on it! I did however get a good deal on it and have a little to play with. The truck is a theft recovery and has a branded title but i was able to buy it for $12,300. Its a pretty clean truck but needs things here and there. The airbag light is on which ill be adressing quickly. The check engine light came on as i was driving it home from alabama. Its the throttle positioning sensor which i bought and will replace tomm. The belt squeeks until the truck gets warm which i ordered at autozone and will get tomm. Someone had a bed top on it and its left some scuffing around the top bed sides which i hope will come out with a good buffing this weekend. Its missing one of the square light assemblys from the rear bumper that shine on the license plate and i had to rip out the sagging hood liner that was trying to get on top of the motor. Other than that the truck seems good to go. I went to get a quote today for some snakeskin green racing stripes today. Im waiting for some figures from the vinyl people but the paint shop wants $1500-1800 and says it would take them a week. I had an all black lightning and i know that would he cheaper and looks tough but i really like the look of black and green especially with a snake theme and i havent found too many people that have done it yet. The snake skin green color that they have on the new vipers is just sharp and i think i could do it tastefully and really have an awesome look that no one else has done and ive seen alot of the all black. What do you all think?

Welcome to the circus!!!....Love the black and snakeskin green combo....Still waiting for someone to powdercoat some stock rims green:):)....only on a black truck of course...

Welcome to the circus!!!....Love the black and snakeskin green combo....Still waiting for someone to powdercoat some stock rims green:):)....only on a black truck of course...

itsmekylep plasti dip'd his rims green, looked pretty good but it would be hard on the eyes in the morning.

It looked more like a flat lime tho...Im talkin the gloss snakeskin green...I think that would be a lil easier on the eyes....

I agree, will somebody do a black and snakeskin green truck already and stop talking about it.

I agree, will somebody do a black and snakeskin green truck already and stop talking about it.

Ok D easy part done.....Now WTF color contrasts inferno red?? :dontknow:

Ive been researching some flat grey powder coat for mine...Im looking for a magnesium look, but a touch darker :dontknow:

Ok D easy part done.....Now WTF color contrasts inferno red?? :dontknow:

Ive been researching some flat grey powder coat for mine...Im looking for a magnesium look, but a touch darker :dontknow:

That's the route I would go if I bought a slow red truck. ;) Dark grey, graphite, carbon fiber maybe??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back