New guy with easy questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

seth

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Hey all,

My 06 qc shows up on Tuesday. It is stock except for Package 2xs (no idea), polished rims, sun roof. Now I need to make some changes.

I want to install Sirius, what is the best way to do that? The stereo is the standard 6cd/mp3 unit.

Also, I actually need to use the truck bed, how do I remove the cover? Is the wing attached to the cover?

How good are the stock airboxes? I have always put CAI in as my first mod, but from what I have read the stock box is pretty darn good.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Seth

Welcome to the Family....

Wish I could help, but I have no idea

seth said:
Hey all,

My 06 qc shows up on Tuesday. It is stock except for Package 2xs (no idea), polished rims, sun roof. Now I need to make some changes.

I want to install Sirius, what is the best way to do that? The stereo is the standard 6cd/mp3 unit.

There is a Sirius kit available (Dodge or eBay) with the box and antenna.

Also, I actually need to use the truck bed, how do I remove the cover? Is the wing attached to the cover?

Don't know how to remove the cover but the wing is attached to it.

How good are the stock airboxes? I have always put CAI in as my first mod, but from what I have read the stock box is pretty darn good.

From what everyone say's here, The K&N drop in is just as effective. The CAI will give you some bling and sound but no HP.

Thanks,
Seth
Welcome to the nuthouse.

Everyone else seems to think the stock air box is good.they just reccomend getting a better flowing air filter. I concur.:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Any idea what the part number for the sirius brain is?

Just went and bought the drop in K&N.

Thanks,
Seth

Welcome to the RBC!!!!

post some pics of your new obsession as soon as you park her!!!

seth said:
Hey all,

Thanks,
Seth

Welcome Seth.................wing is attached. Sirius..........not sure about that one.

Lets see some pics of the new beast.

patrick

Hey Seth,

I have Sirius from the factory. As stated in earlier post, you can get off ebay the entire unit with GPS as well.

Welcome to the club. Pics?

Welcome to the forum Seth:rock:

Welcome to the RBC, your gonna love it here this forum is populated by the best bunch of total nuts you have ever delt with.
What city are you located in, were having a GTG at Boomers Shop this weekend in Evansville, In. Guaranteed brain overload.

Has anyone found a good website that talks about radio's that people have done up in their srt-10's?

I am thinking about going with an eclipse head unit, but it is way expensive. Could by a used nav unit, but it is still 1000 before install.

Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back