New Interior Finished (Almost) Pics

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got my camera back so I could take some pics of the progress so far. It's pretty much done except for 3 of the vents. Ran out of paint.

I also took some video so I could make a mini DIY or rather, how I did mine, guide. Things are a bit hectic right now so I'll have to get to that later though.

I wanted the red to turn out a lot deeper/darker so I may end up redoing them later. May just go all black, dunno. Either way is cool but I'm content until I have more time to mess with it again.

Everything has been repainted (except the steering wheel). Either black with clear coat or red as you can see. (yay, no more slate gray) (I also tried painting the seatbelt slider thing silver with clear coat) Next step would be the headliner. That'd really add a nice contrast against the red pillars. I'll probably just dye it black as a temporary mod and do it in suede or leather when I can devote some real time to it again.

Here's the pics.

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

I'll get some more pics later. It looks pretty sweet from the outside too.

Looks pretty good! A little over the top for my tastes, but I like it! :rock:

What did you use to change to color?

I must be getting old.....too much blingy thing going on :eek: I know from last year's SEMA show lots of custom cars with similar (contrasting) paint scheme. If it works for you then big thumbs up!

I used SEM paint and prep products to change the color.

I agree somewhat about it being a bit much maybe. I think a nice dark candy apple red would look better. I'll get it done in time. Hell, may end up blacking my truck out completely but I do like me a bit of 'bling' as everyone calls it. I think it's fine for now though. It'll grab attention at any rate. : )

looks good. not my cup of tea, but all that matters is you like it. id give it a thumbs up if i saw it on the street

Man, sure is hard to please everyone :D

Ok how about this, when I get around to redoing the red stuff, should I just go all black, or candy apple/blood red, or something else. I'm just happy to be rid of the ugly light gray/tan or whatever that color was, toupe? w/e

I don't care for all the grey in mine either. IF I ever change it, its getting recovered in suede or something.

I say paint it Titty Pink!! It does look for showing, and if you like it thats all that matters!

Good work! :rock: It's not easy doing a custom interior on a CIVIC.... Let alone a Quad-Cab truck! :eek: ;)

I wish I could find a suitable color match to the dash.... I want to paint the pillars the same color and recover the headliner in Alcantara (Suede).

Last edited:
I can really appreciate all of the hard work and time that you put into your truck. You have done one hell of a job :rock:

My QC is silver so the interior really doesn't bother me all that much. My vote for your truck's interior in the future would would have to be to black it all out. Again, great job!

Azmal said:
Man, sure is hard to please everyone :D

Ok how about this, when I get around to redoing the red stuff, should I just go all black, or candy apple/blood red, or something else. I'm just happy to be rid of the ugly light gray/tan or whatever that color was, toupe? w/e

YOU ONLY HAVE TO PLEASE YOURSELF.IF YOU LIKE IT,GOOD ENOUGH.
LOOKS GOOD TO ME TOO!!:rock:

Thanks for the props folks, means a lot. :D

wont grow old said:

Well the thing is, I'm kind of weird... I'm the type of person that almost loathes public attention, but I like making cool stuff that gets a lot of attention... so I guess I like for my 'stuff' to get the attention... But at the same time, I like to be acknowledged as the crafter/creator, so I suppose I enjoy that sort of attention... Though, aside from people who enjoy the automotive scene (like here), I don't really flaunt it I haven't really analyzed it that much so I'm not really sure that's it but I think my goal for my truck is to have a daily driver thats good enough for show. That translates to it impressing a largest ratio of people as possible.

Make no mistake though, I've never been one to jump bandwagons, and I'm very stubborn and contrary by nature so even if I build it for the masses, I'm putting my own tastes first. But if I'm not 100% on something (Like the red I painted on the pillars and such) I have no problem getting external opinions.

Maybe all of the above is just me saying I appreciate all criticisms, good or bad and that it's not necessary to pad your statements (when talking to me anyway) by saying, "all that matters is that I enjoy it" I can take it :D

Azmal said:
Finally got my camera back so I could take some pics of the progress so far. It's pretty much done except for 3 of the vents. Ran out of paint.

I also took some video so I could make a mini DIY or rather, how I did mine, guide. Things are a bit hectic right now so I'll have to get to that later though.

I wanted the red to turn out a lot deeper/darker so I may end up redoing them later. May just go all black, dunno. Either way is cool but I'm content until I have more time to mess with it again.

Everything has been repainted (except the steering wheel). Either black with clear coat or red as you can see. (yay, no more slate gray) (I also tried painting the seatbelt slider thing silver with clear coat) Next step would be the headliner. That'd really add a nice contrast against the red pillars. I'll probably just dye it black as a temporary mod and do it in suede or leather when I can devote some real time to it again.

Here's the pics.

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

I'll get some more pics later. It looks pretty sweet from the outside too.

i like it...although you can see some major paint runs in the reflection in the first picture where the top of the stereo bezel meets the dash.....are my eyes good or what?

Variety is the spice of life... You did beautiful work there. Some people like the stock look, some change it a little to be different, some go all out. It is great to see what ideas people have and what they do with them.

That looks like some sound system you have there as well. :rock:

Good luck with completing your project.

Scott

wheredwhogo? said:
i like it...although you can see some major paint runs in the reflection in the first picture where the top of the stereo bezel meets the dash.....are my eyes good or what?
lol yeah I let a friend of mine to the dash a long while back and he got kinda lazy on it. Luckily there's so much to take in that when people first see my truck they rarely see the million flaws :D

Azmal said:
lol yeah I let a friend of mine to the dash a long while back and he got kinda lazy on it. Luckily there's so much to take in that when people first see my truck they rarely see the million flaws :D

yeah, dont think a person would actually see it. the flash from the camera actually brings it out...im just pokin at ya...i like it alot

Looks great. Quick question,,, why don't you have your passport hardwired? Would really clean everything up to not have that wire showing...

wont grow old said:

I'm with WGO on this one.:rock: It's yours, so do what you want and piss on everyone else if they don't like it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back