New Keisler 4 spd auto OD tranny?

NightRunner385

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tonight I was flipping through the new Sept.08 issue of Popular Hotrodding and on page 14 there's a write up of a new tranny that Keisler Engineering is putting out. It's based on a GM 4L60E and is made to fit small block, big block, and new Hemi Mopar engines. The big question I have is what bellhousing bolt pattern does our engine use? If it is the same then maybe this deserves more investigating because they build a version of this tranny that can handle 650 lb.ft. of torque!

http://www.keislerauto.com/index.ph...ufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=7

MG42pillbox said:
There are 46 47 and 48 REs capable of handling much more horse power.

The 46RE I just bought from PATC is 700hp capable for only 2500 bucks minus the converter. GM shit is second-class, stick to whats right. 48RE!

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

I'm not sure that these will even work in our trucks yet--I'm just putting it out there to maybe give us more options. As far as GM transmissions being second class, I know I'm going to have rocks thrown at me for saying this but I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one. I'd put a GM TH400 up against anything mopar has to offer, and GM's overdrive transmissions can probably be considered better too (4L60E, 4L80E). I've never owned a GM product that hunted around for the correct gear, or upshifted at inappropriate times, or shifted into overdrive at the wrong time, as much as the two Dodge trucks that I've owned (current truck and previous '03 1500 2wd 5.7). Furthermore, if the tranny that's in our QC's is the best that Dodge has to offer (what else in the Dodge arsenal would they have used?), then why are there so many SRT-10 owners experiencing transmission failures? Now don't get me wrong, I love my SRT-10. I'm just looking for a solution to something that should never have been a problem in the first place. I've never been one to stick blindly to one single automotive brand and have owned several vehicles from the big three as well as a few import cars. I say if it works--use it!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back