New Member - love input

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd say head work,cam, pistons,rods, clutch, headers,throttle body ported and exhaust. might not get you there but youll be close enough. stinker can help you with most of that. he's fixing to try to hit 600 hp on a motor with 85 thousand miles on it with just heads and cam.

Welcome to the club. For the hp you're looking for there are numerous routes to go. Here are a few:

1. Heads, cam, cat-delete, headers, exhaust, & K&N drop in.

2. Forged internals, 200 shot of giggle gas. Most say a 150 shot is safe but I'd rather forge it than blow it. A 150 shot and the above bolt-on's would get you some nice #'s.

3. Forged internals, and a Paxton kit (used) or Justin's JMB Performance Pro Charger. IMVHO - this is the best way to go with the hp you are looking for.

Look forward to seeing your build. Wish I had the coin to do what I'd like to do. :eek: I'd stay away from Hennessey. Here are some websites you should visit for performance parts for your truck:

http://jmbperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=66&osCsid=c09e4d496c367a88d069d0ff58a52bff
http://shop.jtsvp.com/category.sc;j...50FE176AF5E3E62DD50.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=4
http://www.roeracing.com/ProductCart/pc/viewcategories.asp?idCategory=35&pageStyle=P
http://www.paxtonauto.com/product.php?id=125

Last edited:
Thanks for the input everyone.
There is a guy here in Salt Lake who I guess has built at least 20 vipers?
He used to race with John Hennesey or something. (Although he doesnt have much to say about the build quality of his stuff)

I really REALLY wanna stay away from power adders like that for my DD. Just too many issues in the past. He's telling me with a built motor and his head work (I guess he's got an amazing head guy) without touching a SC/Turbo he can get me to the 600-650WHP mark NP. I'm looking at about $21,000 parts and labor he quoted me today. Another guy here is town who is supposed to be very good with the tuning stuff that can take care of that aspect of the build. I may run a 200 shot after it's all said and done as it's not an "all the time" type thing.

ONE A SIDE NOTE: The people I bought it from were selling another one (QC) and the guy wanted the stock wheels so they sold me 4 BRAND NEW tires ($556 per tire) and wheels ($1700 per wheel) for $500 !!!! --- I totally couldnt pass up that offer. I'll roll around on these 22s and find a good set of wheels for slicks.

Ill start a thread in another section when I get all the parts.
Will take pictures of the truck pre build..pictures of the shop during the build and post build pictures.

Rjm84 said:
Hello here from Michigan (mid-west part of the year also)

Just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to all the info and good times on the VTCOA.com website. I'd love some input on you general feeling abuot the RAM SRT-10. I'm from some various 700-1153 WHP dometic and imports over the last 6 years. Obviously everyone here likes the trucks so a little more then "It's great!" would be appriciated. I needed a new DD as my Shelby GT500 is now a full time drag car. It seems I keep buying things, keep them for 5-6 months and start building them. Usually after a year and a half they no longer are reasonable to be a DD. I decided to make a change from the norm and keep this truck as my daily driver. I realize the platofrm is great to build a very fast drag "truck" however i've decided I really only want to make thsi thing a bit mild and really keep it as a reasonable DD. I'm picking up a silver 2005 SRT-10 (2D 6 speed - no thanks to the auto with all that extra weight) with 35,000mile today for $18,000 from a local guy here. Truck was checked out on car-fax and had a tech go over it for me, passes with flying colors. I realize the trucks are fairly fast stock but i'm going to need a little more grunt then what it's packing. (I'm guessing the stock number is around 417 RWHP?). If im aiming to keep the truck N/A and looking for a 575-625 RWP number i'd assume that can be done fairly easy on these motors? I'm new to the Viper platform, i've had a lot of Z06s over the years but never found my way into the Viper. I'm guessing with $10,000-$20,000 I can get myself a nice 650RWHP truck without sacraficing my DD ability? Anyonehere have a 500-700RWHP truck they use as their daily? love to hear soem input. Thanks again for anyone that replies and I look forward to good times. (Apologize if the post is stupid, I had these damn intro things)

PS: Anyone from Michigan,Texas or Utah? Currently living between Mi and UT and will be moving to Texas for abuot 14 months first part of the year.
welcome:burnout: :rock:

i think the highest power N/A truck we've seen with stock heads that had been ported was 548, from what i remember talking with him it cost him abotu 6K and i think he had the shop do all the install too. Rottenronnie has a QC(4 door auto) putting 566 to the ground but he is using a very expensive set of heads called strykers( about 7K i think). Neither one forged their engine and neither one has had a problem with their engine(yet). I think with the strykers and a little more cam 600rwhp would be easy(just expensive). whereabouts in texas are you going to be? i live around temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back