New Member - love input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rjm84

Reaction score
Hello here from Michigan (mid-west part of the year also)

Just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to all the info and good times on the VTCOA.com website. I'd love some input on you general feeling abuot the RAM SRT-10. I'm from some various 700-1153 WHP dometic and imports over the last 6 years. Obviously everyone here likes the trucks so a little more then "It's great!" would be appriciated. I needed a new DD as my Shelby GT500 is now a full time drag car. It seems I keep buying things, keep them for 5-6 months and start building them. Usually after a year and a half they no longer are reasonable to be a DD. I decided to make a change from the norm and keep this truck as my daily driver. I realize the platofrm is great to build a very fast drag "truck" however i've decided I really only want to make thsi thing a bit mild and really keep it as a reasonable DD. I'm picking up a silver 2005 SRT-10 (2D 6 speed - no thanks to the auto with all that extra weight) with 35,000mile today for $18,000 from a local guy here. Truck was checked out on car-fax and had a tech go over it for me, passes with flying colors. I realize the trucks are fairly fast stock but i'm going to need a little more grunt then what it's packing. (I'm guessing the stock number is around 417 RWHP?). If im aiming to keep the truck N/A and looking for a 575-625 RWP number i'd assume that can be done fairly easy on these motors? I'm new to the Viper platform, i've had a lot of Z06s over the years but never found my way into the Viper. I'm guessing with $10,000-$20,000 I can get myself a nice 650RWHP truck without sacraficing my DD ability? Anyonehere have a 500-700RWHP truck they use as their daily? love to hear soem input. Thanks again for anyone that replies and I look forward to good times. (Apologize if the post is stupid, I had these damn intro things)

PS: Anyone from Michigan,Texas or Utah? Currently living between Mi and UT and will be moving to Texas for abuot 14 months first part of the year.

Well, Welcome.... I think everyone here love's their trucks. And you could consider it a step up regardless of the HP your use to, because you could hook one of those up ass to ass both runnin street tires, and these trucks would pull it down the track with a smile :D .

There's HP and then there's just well, Huge friggin BALLS!!!:cheers:

Again... Welcome

Welcome to the club! Sounds like you mean business with all the power adders. Good luck with trying to make it hook up...

Welcome to the best group of folks on a forum:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

thewelshm

A paxton would get you there for around that and still be a good dd

Welcome to the asylum....

Speaking of input:

I'd love to sell you a paragraph or three.... ;)

D

Rjm84 said:
Hello here from Michigan (mid-west part of the year also)

Just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to all the info and good times on the VTCOA.com website. I'd love some input on you general feeling abuot the RAM SRT-10. I'm from some various 700-1153 WHP dometic and imports over the last 6 years. Obviously everyone here likes the trucks so a little more then "It's great!" would be appriciated. I needed a new DD as my Shelby GT500 is now a full time drag car. It seems I keep buying things, keep them for 5-6 months and start building them. Usually after a year and a half they no longer are reasonable to be a DD. I decided to make a change from the norm and keep this truck as my daily driver. I realize the platofrm is great to build a very fast drag "truck" however i've decided I really only want to make thsi thing a bit mild and really keep it as a reasonable DD. I'm picking up a silver 2005 SRT-10 (2D 6 speed - no thanks to the auto with all that extra weight) with 35,000mile today for $18,000 from a local guy here. Truck was checked out on car-fax and had a tech go over it for me, passes with flying colors. I realize the trucks are fairly fast stock but i'm going to need a little more grunt then what it's packing. (I'm guessing the stock number is around 417 RWHP?). If im aiming to keep the truck N/A and looking for a 575-625 RWP number i'd assume that can be done fairly easy on these motors? I'm new to the Viper platform, i've had a lot of Z06s over the years but never found my way into the Viper. I'm guessing with $10,000-$20,000 I can get myself a nice 650RWHP truck without sacraficing my DD ability? Anyonehere have a 500-700RWHP truck they use as their daily? love to hear soem input. Thanks again for anyone that replies and I look forward to good times. (Apologize if the post is stupid, I had these damn intro things)

PS: Anyone from Michigan,Texas or Utah? Currently living between Mi and UT and will be moving to Texas for abuot 14 months first part of the year.

i live in houston ,,,few others also
with exhaust mods ,CAI ,,,and a tune on a sct tuner will get you 450 to 460 ,,,off the bat ,,after that it gets expensive ,,,,viper motor parts are hard to get and the ones out there cost a butt load these days ,there are the best vendors here for viper junk ,,if its a six speed get clutch upgrade ,,and viper hydraulics upgrade those would be your first thing to do ,,,in my humble opion ;) welcome to the land of the weird ,,in a good sort of ways :D

Welcome. forge it first then go from there. Pistons are shit. Other than that with the money your willing to put out, can get you a very fast daily driver . Learn the name STinker.:D :itsme:

Ya, wanted to keep the truck N/A.
I spoke with some people who had some Vipers that were N/A and were making over 600WHP without a blown or boosted motor.

Ya, noticed they arn't cheap to build but then again short of a Honda what IS cheap to mod? I'm looking up to about $20,000 for the truck parts looks like 50% say i'm not going to make it back 575-580WHP and others are telling me I could make the 600 WHP mark np with $20,000. Seems things vary so much i've seen $20,000 making 700HP and 500 on others.

Who is "THE" dealer for Viper parts?
I hear Roe Racing has a lot of quality viper parts?
Anyone else out there I should start looking into?
Going to see what I can research for the next 2 weeks or so and then start the list. Got a great guy here in town to do the install and tune.

Headers,cat delete,cat back,tune,drop in K&N and stinkers TB and let it ride dude;) Those mods for a DD would be perfect;) It's not the HP your lookin for but your gonna spend 20k at least to have a reliable DD with 700rwhp:(

Ya...that was what I was looking for: $10,000-$20,000 i've set aside to put into the truck.

Who are the big parts people other then Roe Racing?

Rjm84 said:
Ya...that was what I was looking for: $10,000-$20,000 i've set aside to put into the truck.

Who are the big parts people other then Roe Racing?

I would deal with Tony he's a supporting vendor here;) VENOM PERFORMANCE:rock:

Welcome. Venom and JMB are the best vendors to deal with. To get 600 to 700 rwhp with a NA motor may cost more than 20k. You'll need Striker heads, cam and a forged bottom end to start with. Good luck with your build and keep us up to date. Oh and we need pics.

Welcome to the VTCoA:rock:

It's pretty expensive to get 650rwhp NA. Much easier to pick up a used Paxton and toss it on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back