New member/owner. 05 QC SRT 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram_vs_cougar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey whats up? Looking forward to meeting new friends and getting lots of new info. I am a new owner I'm picking up my black beauty on 4 wheels this Saturday lol. I cant wait. The only mods that are on there now are K&N air intake, magna flow exhaust with no cats. Looking to make up grades in the near future. If you know some one that has some good used mods swing them me way. Still dont know if i want to go N.A. or SC'd or TB'd. Any suggestion? Will be a daily driver and would like most power mid to high band. Thanks!! Oh also thinking about getting a paint job to mock a viper acr :rock:

welcome. And 1 recommendation do your research, then maybe you will make your decision. But in all honesty leave it stock. Other wise you will join the " where the fugg did my money go club":p But if you are gonna go for it. Since you have an automatic start there (the 48RE sucks) then work your way from there. The Auto guys will chime in just ask:D If your gonna go FI (S/C:bike:) at least swap pistons it will save you alot of heart ache (One piece of advice I did listen too:rock: ). Just my 2cents again welcome. Some vendors on here that are great JTSVP Performance. JMB performance, Roe Racing, Unleashed tuning, Cherry Performance. This should be a good start;) :hmmmm: :D

Last edited:
Welcome to da club! I just got mine about a month ago, and lovin it! Where in ga are you? It's good to see another ga boy on here!:rock:

04viperram said:
Welcome to da club! I just got mine about a month ago, and lovin it! Where in ga are you? It's good to see another ga boy on here!:rock:

In Central GA. Centerville, GA

DevilDawg3097 said:
welcome. And 1 recommendation do your research, then maybe you will make your decision. But in all honesty leave it stock. Other wise you will join the " where the fugg did my money go club":p But if you are gonna go for it. Since you have an automatic start there (the 48RE sucks) then work your way from there. The Auto guys will chime in just ask:D If your gonna go FI (S/C:bike:) at least swap pistons it will save you alot of heart ache (One piece of advice I did listen too:rock: ). Just my 2cents again welcome. Some vendors on here that are great JTSVP Performance. JMB performance, Roe Racing, Unleashed tuning, Cherry Performance. This should be a good start;) :hmmmm: :D

Ok thanks for the info. You kept yours stock? I thought about that but i would like to have at least 500rwhp and that will do me fine. The part where you were talking about you "did listen", do you mean you listened to the advice given to you about keeping it stock or just listening to advice given in general?

Black Venom-'04 said:
oh and if your looking for a fun mod....nitrous is always a good start:rock:

I thought if you ran nitrous, you had to clean you engine out of something like that? I haven't read much up on it yet. can you porvide more info like how much rwhp you gain and boost etc? Thanks!

ram_vs_cougar said:
Ok thanks for the info. You kept yours stock? I thought about that but i would like to have at least 500rwhp and that will do me fine. The part where you were talking about you "did listen", do you mean you listened to the advice given to you about keeping it stock or just listening to advice given in general?
I listened about forging my motor and keeping it from blowing.:p I didnt listen by not keeping it stock:dontknow: :dontknow: :D but it is too late to cry over split milk, plus when I stomp the gas and the awsome WHOOOOP,WHOOOOOP makes me gigle like a little girl:eek: :rock: then it is all good. But do make a plan, whether a strip build,street or road race build because there is a big differance as some will also chim in on.

DevilDawg3097 said:
I listened about forging my motor and keeping it from blowing.:p I didnt listen by not keeping it stock:dontknow: :dontknow: :D but it is too late to cry over split milk, plus when I stomp the gas and the awsome WHOOOOP,WHOOOOOP makes me gigle like a little girl:eek: :rock: then it is all good. But do make a plan, whether a strip build,street or road race build because there is a big differance as some will also chim in on.

Do you regret not keeping it stock? Yeah i want to keep it road race. In the long run i was thinking some heads, a SCT, a cam, and maybe some tranny upgrades unless i find a SC or TB for a really nice price but i think i want to keep it NA because i read alot of post about people blowing up the engine because of detonition from the SC or TB. I want to keep it cheap and simple. As stated earlier just want to get around the 500-550 rwhp range.

Welcome. You will need to forge the motor if you are going FI. Plan on 20k atleast for motor and trans work. But when your done you won't be able to get that grin off your face until the truck says I need another 5k to be happy.

gunu said:
welcome from the mosquito and oil infested swamp bro !!!!!

Whats up man. Im originally from Baton Rouge, LA. Just moved out to GA and ready to come back to LA. Man I miss home LA off the chain. Cant find any crawfish, blue crabs etc out here. Food not as good either lol. Man i cant believe BP messed up out home like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back