well, my truck doesn't have a towing hook, but it has a square "pipe" (apprixmately 2"x2") where you could accomodate a towing hook. plus, it has the DIN (not sure about the corresponding american standard) plug for the electric connection to the trailer (taillights, plate lights, side indicators, ...).
this picture shows that square "pipe" (I apologize, I'm not mother tongue: what's the correct English word for a pipe which is square-, not round shaped?):
http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.com/images/products/r017301280103.jpg

and that "thing" is enough for italian authorities to consider the truck to be equipped with a towing hook. i know this is nonsense, but that's the law around here.

I think what he's talking about is that the truck has the capacity to connect a trailer or tow (and has the towing square right under the rear bumper). Now, that feature was not annotated in the paperwork when the transfer was made and in order to pass the "Italy inspection", he has to get some sort of paperwork (dealer perhaps) that states the truck contained that feature from factory.

exactly.
perhaps, when I'll be able to get the vin of my vehicle (I can't drive it, then I don't have it at home), dodge will send me the pdf with the original configuration of my truck, but that's something "informal". the towing square will be in the list of options present on my truck, but without any data referring to it.

today, to change the paperwork of my truck, italian inspectors ask for a paper (with the dodge brand, it must be somehow "official") stating an id code/part number with the technical data of that "towing square", as it cannot be removed.
say, something stating that the part number of that towing square (or the option id) is XYZ012345, max towing strength XXX pounds (or chilograms or anything else) and anything else (I'm unaware of what appears on those papers as I've never owned a towing hook, nor I'm interested onto).

thanks for your time and interest!

My situation since I got the truck in November.

1. PS lines issues right after getting truck. Took three repairs to get them right.

2. Carrier bearing replaced 3 weeks ago.

3. Drove from KC to Memphis last week. 7 1/2 hour drive only took 6. (slight vibration when I hit 120) Fun drive but ended up replacing left front hub and both valve covers leaking. While in the shop was informed ball joints need to be replaced.

4. Radiator hose blew off yesterday and shop told me it looks like dealership in Memphis didn't replace valve covers? Just cleaned oil and tightened but charged me 296 bucks. Will get conformation today. They are gong to catch hell and send me a refund if true. Shop in KC will do ball joints today.

5. KC shop also told me brakes needs to be done. I already had rotors, pads and upgraded lines on order.

My dream truck is turning to a little bit of a nightmare but I'm going to try to hang in there. It only had 60,000 mile when I got so I figure these are just things coming up due to pervious owner not driving it much. Daily driver for me until I find something else got get to work in, this weekend hopefully. I drive it like you are suppose to, fast. Hopefully the repairs will slow down.

Age plays an important role as well as miles. I too am at 60,000-ish miles and just did my ball joints a few weeks ago. Cost $100 in parts, a 'barely worked' tool rental, and a bucket of cuss words. Letting someone else do it may be worth the labor cost. Also, I replaced both wheel bearing/hubs last summer. It is common. Lucky for me, no PS line issues yet. Have your oil cooler lines been swapped? Very common.

I haven't had any oil cooler line issues yet. Thinking I'll go ahead and swap them out as well. Love the truck just want two weeks without having to send it to the shop.

Last edited:
Yeah, a DD is much more painful to have down, that's for sure. Lucky for me, mine gets out a time or two a month. It can park if needed, and I try to do my own work. Takes a little longer, but I enjoy it, most of the time. I just try to let my scrapes and bruises heal before the next issue.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back