monettejb

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! New to the Forum!! Joining because I have some questions and I am currently looking at a 2004 Ram SRT-10 right now. My only worry is it has 97,000 miles on it, but it's for a good price.

I've read about the power steering and oil lines, just wanting to know if these motors are "bulletproof" or if I'm looking a lot of problems. Trans has been replaced as of 15,000 miles ago.

No motor is bullet proof

Welcome to the VTCoA. The Viper engine lasts about as well as most of the late model pushrod platforms (except the LS, well because LS). In other words, they aren't more to prone to failure than any other vehicle. Where are you located?

Welcome to the VTCoA. The Viper engine lasts about as well as most of the late model pushrod platforms (except the LS, well because LS). In other words, they aren't more to prone to failure than any other vehicle. Where are you located?

Greenville NC. I know not they're not bullet proof I just had no durability knowledge about the viper motor. Basically does it stand the test of time. A general "well built" motor would work. lol.

Greenville NC. I know not they're not bullet proof I just had no durability knowledge about the viper motor. Basically does it stand the test of time. A general "well built" motor would work. lol.

There is an expert SRT10 guy in your area. I'll have him log on and talk to you.

Last edited:
ok ok im here what would you like to know?

If I have to take a mandatory drug test for work, and they need a decent size hair sample, but I just shaved everything except the hard to reach area under my, well, you know, will they collect the sample from there for me?

Expert?

You know more than 1 guy in NC? Surely you cant be talking about the same hilljack im thinking of...
Hilljack? Bro, did you just assume Dan's gender? Is that even legal anymore? I mean, what if Dan's a Hilljill?

Last edited:
I’m not hilljill.
I indentify as hillbilly.

What was said earlier is pretty accurate.
Push rod V10 - no big deal.

I just put a motor in my truck at 112k and all I needed was a valve job.

My last truck had 116k on it and didn’t leak a drop of fluid.

I’m not hilljill.
I indentify as hillbilly.

What was said earlier is pretty accurate.
Push rod V10 - no big deal.

I just put a motor in my truck at 112k and all I needed was a valve job.

My last truck had 116k on it and didn’t leak a drop of fluid.

Billy, Jack.

Same Same.

Hillbillys live anywhere. They are rednecks by choice. Dan lives down south and is the real deal, he has no choice in this. That would be a hillkack.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back