New NA ET record @ Sacramento

the hole closer to the spring itself has more leverage? i always though it was the oppisite way around. no i wanna go jack with it to see if i can tell a difference:confused:

That's what they said.
I guess with the upper hole the axle force trying to rotate is the same, but it's trying to make the body lift more for a the same amount axle rotation.

On using a gap, I'd think the harder hit comes from the gap itself and allowing the truck to transfer weight more before the caltracs even react. Same time that doesn't seem quite logical since less it's a half inch gap the pre stalling of the TC takes up that gap and actually lifts the rear end prior to launch.
but on mine it using a moderate gap rather than preload does get her back to trying to hook more than trying to spin.

Hmmm, that's interesting, I've never thought about using a gap. Makes sense for weight transfer, guess the question would be how much axle wrap would be ok. I dfinitly need to soften my rear suspension up for better weight transfer, feels like the amount of preload I'm running, the caltracs kick the rear weight transfer back to the front, figure that's where my wheel chatter is comming from.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBRTDzziqvQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Hawaii Ram SRT-10 Hilo Outlaws - YouTube[/ame]

Search "instant center" on google. :rock:

found a ton a good info, now i need to find some axel scales so i can find the center of gravity on the truck, found a calculator that you just plug in the info, then i'll be able to find out exactly where the ladder bars need to be and at what angle:rock:

randy, after all the reading i did the cal tracs makes sense now, in the upper hole the angle of the bars is steeper and it pushes the truck up harder, planting the tires better(in theory)

I drove up to Calvert a couple years back to buy a set of their traction bars and they installed them for me there. They had me sit in the tuck while they adjusted them. Afterwards, they told me if I needed to re-adjust them that I should sit in the truck while someone else tightens it down so it is adjusted to my weight. for pre-load they said that after the traction bar touched the leaf spring to go a 1/4 turn.

Mine have a 1/4 inch gap.

was smaller, and didnt hook as well. after playing with it, it's pretty solid now

Congrats on the Pass!!!!!

Stifflers is always down to make new suspension parts.

If you can think of it he will make it.

The last setup he made for Lightnings is a full frame system with x brace, Long bars and drive shaft unit all in one and it even uses adjustable heims.

All he would need is a truck to mock it up with.

Ask for Brian

Stifflers Automotive and Suspension Products

This is the address if anyone is close

Innovative Performance Technologies, LLC
660 Andico Road
Suite A
Plainfield, IN 46168

Congrats on the Pass!!!!!

Stifflers is always down to make new suspension parts.

If you can think of it he will make it.

The last setup he made for Lightnings is a full frame system with x brace, Long bars and drive shaft unit all in one and it even uses adjustable heims.

All he would need is a truck to mock it up with.

Ask for Brian

Stifflers Automotive and Suspension Products

This is the address if anyone is close

Innovative Performance Technologies, LLC
660 Andico Road
Suite A
Plainfield, IN 46168

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back