New NX nitrous control module

Viper Beau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently Nitrous Express has come out for 2009 with a nitrous control module called the Maximizer 3. Its supposed to allow you to spray from idle all the way to full throttle. Just wanted to get your thoughts on this and if anyone has had experience with it yet?

BigRed460 said:
Lol you can't spray Nx from idle, thats like rule #1 of Nx...

I'm not so sure that applies to progressive controllers.

Standard systems dump whatever they're jetted for when they open, so you dare not spray unless you're at WOT. However, why couldn't a progressive controller start at 1-2% off-idle and ramp it up following the TPS signal?

It certainly wouldn't eliminate the risk of a nitrous backfire though.;)

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Pages/NewProduct.htm

Maximizer 3 Progressive Controller
PN: 15958
Fully throttle controlled nitrous power! The Maximizer III is the culmination of years of development and brings the best of all worlds to the progressive nitrous control customer. If you want 100HP throughout the throttle travel just program it in the MAX III and now you have 100HP from idle to full throttle. Imagine the feeling of control when you push the peddle and full range power is the result.

I'll be interested to see how the program must work. The predecessor (Maximizer 2) was supposed to allow you to ramp in the nitrous at different levels within your RPM window. I think Viper From Hell said it correctly, this program will probably allow you to introduce small levels of nitrous, even at low RPMs, and ramp it up as you get to the top end of the RPM range. The previous model also worked with a laptop so I am sure this one will also and allow you to determine your parameters, even fine tune the ramp at a dyno. I was just getting an idea if anyone was using one yet or even the predecessor. They are expensive modules from what I saw but seems to be a very safe way to run nitrous. Anyone have any experience with using a nitrous controller?

Ram From Hell said:
I'm not so sure that applies to progressive controllers.

Standard systems dump whatever they're jetted for when they open, so you dare not spray unless you're at WOT. However, why couldn't a progressive controller start at 1-2% off-idle and ramp it up following the TPS signal?

It certainly wouldn't eliminate the risk of a nitrous backfire though.;)
Ok I am confused I thought this ment that they were spraying at part throttle...

"100 hp throughout throttle travel"

I thought that the torque created would tear the motor apart at part throttle...

That means they are spraying at part throttle right???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back