New Owner in Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just traded my 2006 Power Wagon for a 2005 QC SRT-10. So far, this site has been very informative, and the members look to be top notch. For now, I plan on leveling the rear, installing a tune, freeing up the exhaust, installing a K&N drop-in, and replacing the factory nav.

Just one question. I have searched and read many articles about the 48re on this site and others, but I seem to be having a unique issue with my tranny. Does anyone on this board know much about these things?

Nick

I can personally tell you they suck arse unless heavily modified to the tune of about $3-5K then you still will have issues. I ditched in favor of the 6 speed manual that the RCs came with and ours should have been optioned with. Now onto your issues, do tell what exactly it's doing and I'll bet we can find a temporary solution till it does it again.:D

Welcome to the VTCOA!

Thanks for the welcoming. ARRESTme, I'm from Lubbock. I really wanted a standard transmission, but I needed a quad cab. Swapping in a T56 would be sweet.

First gear seems to be slipping, then catching hard (usually around 1000-1500 rpm), but it's only from a stop. All of the other gears are shifting fine, including reverse. The 1-2 shift is much firmer than 2-3, and 3-4.

Also, with normal driving, what are our factory shift points? Mine usually shifts around 1500 rpm, and likes to dance a little (TV cable?)

Thanks for the welcoming. ARRESTme, I'm from Lubbock. I really wanted a standard transmission, but I needed a quad cab. Swapping in a T56 would be sweet.

First gear seems to be slipping, then catching hard (usually around 1000-1500 rpm), but it's only from a stop. All of the other gears are shifting fine, including reverse. The 1-2 shift is much firmer than 2-3, and 3-4.

Also, with normal driving, what are our factory shift points? Mine usually shifts around 1500 rpm, and likes to dance a little (TV cable?)

It sounds like your tranny needs a servicing bro. You'll need the GM solonoid conversion kit and transducer. You'll need to adjust the 1-2 band and 2-3 bands as well. 1-2 from outside the tranny and 2-3 inside the tranny. ALso check the TV cable as well. It is adjustable and helps with shift points although the electrical side is more responsible. ( Transducer/Solenoid)
Make sure the cable sits in the railing on the Throttle body linkage as well. Some have had them slip off. Swapping in the T56 is simple. Just send your truck to me with some cash, and we'll get er done :D:chain:

Oh and Welcome From Waco ;)

Welcome...

and what they said

Welcome to the board, I too am in lubbock. Did you purchase the Black QC from Pollard Ford or are you Rocking the Red One with the Mexico Flag on the back window?

howdy & welcome to the RBC:rock::burnout:

Welcome to the board, I too am in lubbock. Did you purchase the Black QC from Pollard Ford or are you Rocking the Red One with the Mexico Flag on the back window?

I just traded a black truck, and decided I will never own one again. It's just too hot here. I drove to San Antonio to buy mine, it's a red QC. Why am I not surprised that there is an SRT-10 here with a Mexico flag in the back window? I'll have to double check to see if it's mine, odelay!

I just traded a black truck, and decided I will never own one again. It's just too hot here. I drove to San Antonio to buy mine, it's a red QC. Why am I not surprised that there is an SRT-10 here with a Mexico flag in the back window? I'll have to double check to see if it's mine, odelay!

Bwhaahahahahaha:burnout:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back