New Owner Truck Overview!

John02SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a truck from a board member. Truck needed a lil work to get it running right due to a set of ported heads he had put on. Here is a overview of my thoughts on the trucks so far.

Looks - Not a singe truck on the road that is sexier than a SRT 10! I've owned lifted GMC/Chevy trucks, lowered Chevy trucks, Z06 Corvettes, Camaro SS, Pontiac Ram Air, and this truck gets more attention than any of them. Very happy with the looks of the truck, they did a good job on it.

Interior - I love the looks of the 04-05 interior. Only complaint up to now is the shitty cup holders! lol You put a drink in there and it is coming out. The seats are Awesome, although the large bolster makes is a lil trick getting in and out without putting alot of wear on it.

Engine - The Viper motor makes killer power! Has a broad powerband and pulls hard for a 5100 lb sled. They layout is good, making it easy to work on compared to the LSx based stuff I'm used to. I'm just a lil big to crawl in there and and pull the intake too many times! :D It is a lil gas hungry, but it is getting 13.5 with a aggressive city/highway mix and I'm perfectly ok with that as it is worth it.

Handling - The truck handles great. It does ride a lil stiff compared to the new GMC truck I'm used to, so that is taking a lil getting used to. The steering wheel seems to have a lil dead spot in it. It isn't real bad, just noticed it due to the bad ass rack and pinion system in the new GM trucks. This takes some getting used to for me.

Brakes - Holy shit! Easy on these bastard or you are on the damn dash! Touchy.........touchy! :D But when needed, they haul the beast to a stop better than I think my 03 Z06 did!

Overall...............BAD ASS TRUCKS guys! We are very lucky to own a truck that no other manufacturer had the sack to build! Hats of to the Mopar guys!

. "The steering wheel seems to have a lil dead spot in it. It isn't real bad, just noticed it due to the bad ass rack and pinion system in the new GM trucks. This takes some getting used to for me."

when your taking corners or hard turns? mine does it once in a while. And welcome aboard.

Hey John, welcome and thanks for the refreshingly honest comments. Good always to see enthusiasm.:) PS Congrats Streetglider on your new rig as well.

Great post! I always have people ask me if the exterior is stock. I always have to tell them it is stock even the front bumper, the side skirting, the rear exit bumper, etc. These trucks are Dodge's best design concepts.

EMT/SRT said:
Great post! I always have people ask me if the exterior is stock. I always have to tell them it is stock even the front bumper, the side skirting, the rear exit bumper, etc. These trucks are Dodge's best design concepts.

..:dito: that...

Yep. I've got agree. This is the baddest truck in the planet!! I too am a former LSX-head.

Although, deep down, I still lust for the sound of a LSX with heads/cam/headers. :eek:

I still got a few LSx rides. I have a 02 SS Camaro with a l92 427, TFS 235 heads, BIG camshaft, 12 to 1 compression, and all the goodies. Makes a lil over 600 rwhp on motor and 850 on the jug.

Update.............the dead spot in the steering was a loose bolt on the steering shaft from the previous owner. The rough ride was because the truck was sittng on the front bumpstops! lol Previous owner didn't change them out when stinkers kit went on. Got the steering shaft tight and put in the new bumpstops. Trucks steering is now very responsive and the ride is better. Working the bugs out!

cool man

wow previous owner didnt notice???? sounds like you are enjoying your new mopar:rock:

What I am Learning is that compared to other Sports cars and trucks, you actaully feel so much more torque in this truck. I think its the "torque" that gets our juices going:rock:

John02SS said:
Only complaint up to now is the shitty cup holders! lol You put a drink in there and it is coming out.

anyone got a fix for this,.... but i guess with 500ftlbs of torque velcro wont hold one

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back