New Owner with a Few Questions

jasontiff

Reaction score
Hey, all!

I just bought an '05 SRT QC Ram in flame red. I've had a 2002 single cab 3.7L Ram, a 2002 quad cab 4.7L Ram, a 2005 quad cab 5.7L Ram and now finally have an SRT. I also had a 1993 Viper RT/10 and currently own a 1998 Roe GTS. The truck is fully optioned out (moonroof, nav, U-Connect) and has a K&N cold air intake and what I think is a Borla catback.

My questions:
• Does anyone know how to adjust the motor stops on the moonroof? It opens and closes just fine but the rear of the moonroof when 'closed' sits about 1/4" low, allowing water in. I'm hoping it's a simple electrical procedure and doesn't require tearing the headliner apart.

• What RPM should the motor be at at 70mph? In my Vipers it's been around 1200 RPMs, but those are both manuals in 6th gear. My truck is right at 2250 RPM and for a vehicle with this much displacement/torque and the diesel tranny I'd think it'd be geared a little differently.

TIA!

Pics:

Truck
new.jpg

Old car
photoshoot_1.jpg

New car
5.jpg

truck is returned. talked to him on the alley. truck had some problems

Sounds like either his sun roof, or transmission from reading his post.

Must have been in the Mod Bin.......

Welcome to the Family

Django said:
Welcome to the asylum.....

Dunno about rpms on QCs.......

D

Jeez, Tim I humbly beg forgiveness....thought all this time yours was a QC...can't see the side from your pic and it "looked just like mine":D :D :D
Just goes to show what a relative newb knows.:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:

Welcome, and about 2300, or thereabouts, I just glance at it...if it ain't climbing past 4 I don't really pay all that much attention.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back