New P.R.!!!!!

stealth78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well unfortunately I didn't get my 12.5 (no worries Chris, decided no cliff), but I did have a good day. Unfortunately I got there late and the place was packed so I only got three runs in. Removed tonneau, better temps (60's), and getting my wheels static balanced (no vibration now!!!) helped me pull out a 12.7, and back to back 12.6's (12.635, and 12.636)CRAZY close!!!! Both last runs were at 110MPH, best trap was 110.50MPH.

Sorry, forgot the pic.....

Attachments

• Drag Racing October.jpg
    Drag Racing October.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 115
Nice man, were you spinning or bogging? With your MPH you could run 12.3-12.4's

Mostly spinning! It kinda sucked, it was my first time running without the tonneau and I only got three runs so I really didn't get dialed in. I wanted to drop another .5 or 1 more lb out of the tires but didn't get another run.

What kind of rear tire you were running? With a better 60', youll surpass that 12.5 goal with ease sir. One tenth(.10) off 60' is usually .2 of your 1/4 e/t. Either way good job on a new personal best. You WILL get better and looking forward to it.

What kind of rear tire you were running? With a better 60', youll surpass that 12.5 goal with ease sir. One tenth(.10) off 60' is usually .2 of your 1/4 e/t. Either way good job on a new personal best. You WILL get better and looking forward to it.

M&H 390's, but I bought them used last year and they are like 6 years old. Maybe new ones along with a traction aid and I think I could do better.

I believe so too. Just keep at it. I went from 2.2 to some 1.6's. I personally found a full slick is much easier to launch. However you will e/t better with a drag radial once you learn how to launch it.

I dont see any sort of traction bars if your signature of mods. Be very careful you dont get any wheel hop. Traction bars and a drive shaft IMO is a must. Twisting a drive shaft is can destroy your truck when it goes. My buddy did it on his low 12 sec Ram Daytona.

A line lock will also help you do your burnout, save brakes and possibly shed a tenth or two off the big end.

Nice work Jeremy, nice to hear no cliff...LOL

Congrats, Jeremy! You'll have a sub 12.50 pass in no time. You've got a couple tenths in that first 60'.

Thanks guys!! Although I don't know if I can run much shorter of a tire, I'm going through the traps at 5800rpm!

Oh yea, forgot to mention I hit the scale at 5075lbs.

Talking with a guy a Pep Boys & he said Hoosier Racing Slicks makes a tire that will fit our stock wheel. Haven't checked it out yet.

Thanks guys!! Although I don't know if I can run much shorter of a tire, I'm going through the traps at 5800rpm!
6000 rpm is 109.6mph 6200 is 113mph with 28" tires and 4.56 gears
Talking with a guy a Pep Boys & he said Hoosier Racing Slicks makes a tire that will fit our stock wheel. Haven't checked it out yet.

I'd say he is mistaken, however if the make one post it up.

Mathematically it comes out to 29.2".... maybe more with swelling???

My tires are over 29", I think.

Yeah mh390's are 29.3' was just pointing out that you could make it on a 28" tire with your power level, venomous1 ran a 12.1 with 28" tires and 4.56 gears so I know for a fact that they work

Seeing how someone just posted about their F-150 on this forum made me want to dig up my old thread for comparison. Wish I never sold that truck....

Not to be mistaken.... I clearly was not driving an F-150..... that would be gay

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back