New PB

gregalc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't break any records but I did make it into the 12's. The first slip I'm car 25. Truck was stock on factory pirelli's. The second one was today, I'm car 15 mods in sig plus some new toyos. I'm just happy to be out of the 13's even if its just by a little!

Attachments

• 20141109_184332.jpg
    20141109_184332.jpg
    549.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20141109_182354.jpg
    20141109_182354.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 89
Thanks guys. Ill get a picture of that intake in a little bit. It doesn't look the best in the world cause its missing the brace that supports the scoop. Bought it used and the guy never sent it

Thanks guys. Ill get a picture of that intake in a little bit. It doesn't look the best in the world cause its missing the brace that supports the scoop. Bought it used and the guy never sent it

Ohhh never mind, I missed the parts about it being a volant. I thought it was something custom.

Ohhh never mind, I missed the parts about it being a volant. I thought it was something custom.

I bought cause I always thought it was pretty neat and different but I believe id be better off with stock and a drop in.
Any suggestions on how to get that 2 something 60ft down?

I do need more seat time, truck turned over 17000 miles today. Lol

You can modify the factory traction bars to help a little bit. You can buy some energy suspension bump stops And use some washers to space it up to make them touch the bottom leaf spring. That'll allow less axle wrap before it engages the traction bar.

You can modify the factory traction bars to help a little bit. You can buy some energy suspension bump stops And use some washers to space it up to make them touch the bottom leaf spring. That'll allow less axle wrap before it engages the traction bar.

Will the stock driveline and ujoints stand it or would that need to be upgraded to?

Oh, I thought the axle warp was when the axle "rolls" forward under a hard launch, and kind of "gives" from all the torque. I figured if ya take the "give" away, it would put the rest of the drivetrain under more stress wouldn't it?

Oh, I thought the axle warp was when the axle "rolls" forward under a hard launch, and kind of "gives" from all the torque. I figured if ya take the "give" away, it would put the rest of the drivetrain under more stress wouldn't it?

The initial wrap might help absorb some of the shock but when it springs back it can cause wheel hop. I'm pulling consistent 1.5 60' on a stock transmission, u joints, drive shaft. I do have upgraded spider gears as I busted the carrier once but my truck sees a bunch of track time on drag slicks.

11.84 inside: http://youtu.be/aND_yvwFGgU

That's how hard I launch my truck(before nitrous, that's only a 1.63ish 60')

The initial wrap might help absorb some of the shock but when it springs back it can cause wheel hop. I'm pulling consistent 1.5 60' on a stock transmission, u joints, drive shaft. I do have upgraded spider gears as I busted the carrier once but my truck sees a bunch of track time on drag slicks.

11.84 inside: http://youtu.be/aND_yvwFGgU

That's how hard I launch my truck(before nitrous, that's only a 1.63ish 60')

5k?! That's awesome man. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong, but that that's just how I had put it together in my head. lol I'm really wanting to spray next year, I'm just not knowledgeable enough about it yet to feel good about running it.

+1 for slicks. The soft sidewall is best for a manual trans. It takes the drive train shock off the launch way better than a stiff walled drag radial. Although usually you will et/mph better with a drag radial assuming it hooks.

Just out of curiosity, roughly what et would I turn on slicks with the basic bolt ons I have? I've done some searching on here for the right tire/wheel combo w/o shaving the calipers. Mostly, what I've read is for an 04 model with 410 gears. Is there 17in tire/wheel combo I can run and not run out of gears in the quarter?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back