New problem...brakes sticking

Mighty1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next problem that has surfaced is the brakes seem to be sticking when they get hot. You can feel the resistance when you let off the gas. It is very noticeable. I jacked up the front and couldn't even rotate the left wheel by hand. I could rotate the right wheel but it was pretty hard to do. After sitting over night it is back to normal until braking a few times again.

I tried cracking the bleeder valve while it was like this and a little brake fluid came out but I still couldn't rotate the wheel. What do you guys think could be the problem?? Caliper binding up or is there some type of valve involved between the master and the calipers that could cause this?

how much meat is left on the pads????

was goin to ask if the sliders feel smooth, but wrong end of the truck:marchmellow:

Haven't checked the pads yet but haven't had any squeaking and rotors look good.

Someone told me it might be the stock rubber brake lines swelling up when they get hot. Does this sound like a possibility?

Pretty sure they are sticking because of the added weight of the supercharger. Take it off and send. I will install it on my truck and verify that is the problem. :D

Pretty sure they are sticking because of the added weight of the supercharger. Take it off and send. I will install it on my truck and verify that is the problem. :D

ROFL. How about I send you the brake lines and you try those out instead??

Spread the pads to free up the brakes and try to rotate the wheelhub. might be the bearing seizing. Dodge was a little stingy with grease on these trucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back