New problem

JohnnyTruant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a new problem that creeped up on me that I cant quite figure out. I was out driving around and started to hear a whining sound kinda like a bearing crapping the bed. The noise starts off fairly quiet and grows louder when she gets up to normal operating temps. Under accelleration the sound disappears but comes back when idling or under light accelleration. Got home and checked around the truck and the sound seems to be coming from the rear of the engine/transmission area. Checked fluids and they were all good, tranny fluid was normal color and didnt smell burned. I adjusted the bands changed out filter, selenoid and pressure sensor before winter so they should all still be good. While it was in the driveway I noticed the whine is only while its in Park or Neutral. Drop it into gear and the noise goes away. Anyone have any ideas? Im hoping its nothing too crazy expensive, Im moving back to AZ pretty soon and was hoping to find a fix that wont involve me selling any major organs to get it fixed.

Do you have a RC or a QC? Have you changed you engine oil lately and if so, what oil filter did you use?

Flex plate is cracked (opinion)

Being you changed oil and solenoids I'd suspect its the pump whining or converter. Ensure oil is at correct level when warm. If needed remove Pan to ensure filter isn't clogged and starving pump. Good luck bro :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back