New Promotion = Supercharger

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a second job and a promotion to go with it, so the extra money is going into the vehicle that drives me to work. WTF?

I have 75,000 miles on my engine with no problems or powerloss. Putting down better numbers than most N/A at the track :D . But I can only assume whats going on inside this beast. As this is my DAILY DRIVER, i cannot park it for months to do a big engine rebuild, vec install and wait for a dyno tune.

I need more power. Im partial to the Roe TMTS as it suits my driving style more from the discriptions i have read. I have ridden in neither so i can only speculate.

Nitrous... Roe.... Or Paxton would be best on my daily driven "mature" engine.
Nitrous is cheapest of course but it scares me with the power im looking.
Roe is easiest to install and i think they can do it with sct now. The Sct tuner is my preference. Although i dont want to refill my meth every week.
The paxton is a bitch to install and i hear it doesnt come alive till high rpm full throttle jaunts?

Are there any other hidden fees or things i need to buy or install before i can put a blower on this? A tune up and headers is a given, and ill deal with the clutch when it fails :eek:. Help my guys i respect your opinions. I dont want to wonder blind for 3 months with money burnin in my pockets

I can't speculate on the Roe vs Paxton, but just wanted to say CONGRATS on the promotion!

congrats, Roe with a 5# pulley will get ya started and add an extra 100/100.

Or if your going to have a daily...headers, 4:88s, cal tracs

Whoa, big fella...

There is lots to consider before going with forced induction.

If you go with the Roe you will need the water/meth kit too...

But, more importantly...since this is your daily driver...you are IMO not thinking straight, and not reading much...

The $6k for the Roe and attendant parts is just the beginning.

And if you are not pretty well heeled I would advise re-thinking your direction.

You have a truck with 75K miles and you want to move from one atmosphere of pressure to five?

You better buy a bicycle with that raise...you will need it.

Ladies and gentlemen...we need to think rationally here...modifications should come from disposable income, backed up by sufficient funds to handle the possible consequences. Just my opinion...but too many here have found that once into performance enhancements, that they were not prepared for the expense that can arise.

What do you do if you blow your engine? We have several here now that are paying 7 or 8 hundred a month on trucks that won't move...consider that consequence.

What if your rear end goes out...or the transmission fails...folks having a plan is important...part of that plan is being ready for contingencies.

Prof said:
Whoa, big fella...

But, more importantly...since this is your daily driver...you are IMO not thinking straight, and not reading much...

And if you are not pretty well heeled I would advise re-thinking your direction.

You have a truck with 75K miles and you want to move from one atmosphere of pressure to five?

Ladies and gentlemen...we need to think rationally here...modifications should come from disposable income, backed up by sufficient funds to handle the possible consequences. Just my opinion...but too many here have found that once into performance enhancements, that they were not prepared for the expense that can arise.

What do you do if you blow your engine? We have several here now that are paying 7 or 8 hundred a month on trucks that won't move...consider that consequence.

What if your rear end goes out...or the transmission fails...folks having a plan is important...part of that plan is being ready for contingencies.

Please heed his advice. If you want your truck to perform properly, be prepare to pay quite a bit.

I am at $35,000.00 and do not have forged internals. $12,000.00 on the tranny alone.

Congrats on the promotion....:D .....

Prof said:
Whoa, big fella...

Not only does Prof have a sugar momma, but he is smart...take my advice, headers, gears, caltracs

You need to think your build process properly and this includes the rest of the systems that are needed to support your reliable transportation.

By just installing a blower for some extra kick- I would be worried....

I am one of those mentioned who has a truck down because of a blown engine......

Jeff, we want you to have a quick truck just as much as you want one. But this is recreation and should not in anyway compromise other things in life...like getting to work or the drug store!

Look into getting even better traction, let that thing breath, and once you have a beater to drive around as a daily driver, and a nice honey fund accumulated and drawing interest...then think about power adders.

You have a great ride...don't do something that forces you out of it.

Prof said:
Jeff, we want you to have a quick truck just as much as you want one. But this is recreation and should not in anyway compromise other things in life...like getting to work or the drug store!

Look into getting even better traction, let that thing breath, and once you have a beater to drive around as a daily driver, and a nice honey fund accumulated and drawing interest...then think about power adders.

You have a great ride...don't do something that forces you out of it.

Werd...........

D

Tell me why, lightnings come blown from the factory and can get 200 more hp by changing a pully or swapping out blowers. And we can’t put a blower on our N/A engine without fuckin them up?
Are you implying roe's product is incapable of, or makes our engine incapable of being used 200 miles per week?

HaulinAsp, i respect your post. It told me what I needed to know, gave me advice from experience, short and sweet. PROF Step off your pedestal and descend to our level! I applaud you making 10x what i do, and as a result think you can give me father figure financial advice, like my income makes me incapable of making a responsible financial decision. You have no idea what I’m financially capable of and never asked your opinion on that to begin with. Keep your assumptions to yourself! Furthermore who do you think you are using me as an example to warn others? For some reason you think your an omniscient oracle and everyone needs your opinion, and your advice is gospel! Think your some kind of superordinate bellwether?

Prof said:
Whoa, big fella...
I’m not one of your fucking students and I’m damn sure not your grandkid, so show some respect. You spend more time in EXHIBITION, boastfully flaunting your recent discoveries, news, your wealth of random useless facts, and correcting some one’s grammar syntax or spelling, than talking trucks. And when you do talk trucks this is how you do it! Belittling someone and using opportunity to ennoble yourself and gasconade!

If you come across anything else you want to correct me on GOOD SIR! Send me a pm!
Only thing worse than a bully cop is a fucking teacher!! :banghead:

JeffBoyette said:
Tell me why, lightnings come blown from the factory and can get 200 more hp by changing a pully or swapping out blowers. And we can’t put a blower on our N/A engine without fuckin them up?
Are you implying roe's product is incapable of, or makes our engine incapable of being used 200 miles per week?

HaulinAsp, i respect your post. It told me what I needed to know, gave me advice from experience, short and sweet. PROF Step off your pedestal and descend to our level! I applaud you making 10x what i do, and as a result think you can give me father figure financial advice, like my income makes me incapable of making a responsible financial decision. You have no idea what I’m financially capable of and never asked your opinion on that to begin with. Keep your assumptions to yourself! Furthermore who do you think you are using me as an example to warn others? For some reason you think your an omniscient oracle and everyone needs your opinion, and your advice is gospel! Think your some kind of superordinate bellwether?

I’m not one of your fucking students and I’m damn sure not your grandkid, so show some respect. You spend more time in EXHIBITION, boastfully flaunting your recent discoveries, news, your wealth of random useless facts, and correcting some one’s grammar syntax or spelling, than talking trucks. And when you do talk trucks this is how you do it! Belittling someone and using opportunity to ennoble yourself and gasconade!

If you come across anything else you want to correct me on GOOD SIR! Send me a pm!

LOL i love you rant bro :)... anyway i think you will be ok if you put on a paxton/roe but run it at 200hp gain or less ... i know many ppl who run a power adder of 200hp and they have little to no issues.. all you have to do is make sure you have the proper additives .. to deal with the lack of oil issues... good luck...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
LOL i love you rant bro :)... anyway i think you will be ok if you put on a paxton/roe but run it at 200hp gain or less ... i know many ppl who run a power adder of 200hp and they have little to no issues.. all you have to do is make sure you have the proper additives .. to deal with the lack of oil issues... good luck...

you forgot the part where he already has 75k miles on it already, when this fuckhead blow's his motor I'll be the first one to fucken LAUGH MY ASS OFF!!

JeffBoyette said:
...PROF Step off your pedestal and descend to our level! I applaud you making 10x what i do, and as a result think you can give me father figure financial advice, like my income makes me incapable of making a responsible financial decision. You have no idea what I’m financially capable of and never asked your opinion on that to begin with. Keep your assumptions to yourself! Furthermore who do you think you are using me as an example to warn others? For some reason you think your an omniscient oracle and everyone needs your opinion, and your advice is gospel! Think your some kind of superordinate bellwether?

I've killed people for less than that.

But you are young. Put me on ignore.

Roy

Gents,
Please can't we just remain on topic here. Jeff- Roy does speak from experience as many others here do, sure he may post his reply in a different nature than others-but if you examine his post he has good intentions to inform. And that my friends is one of the reasons we frequent this great site.

Back on topic- The question of why the Ford can take it and the Dodge is a gamble- IMHO the Ford was designed to operate with a blower- now I don't know positively but I assume Ford installed forged pistons to be run on that engine. There's a thread here (Second Piston thread) where a SRT engineer elaborated albeit briefly that our engines are already at the stress threshold of dependability, I believe he even mentions upgrading the internals. This coming from an SRT engineer.

Now I have to admit there are some that have carefully built and tuned and tuned to enable them to run with a Roe or Paxton without touching the bottom end- I quietly applaud these guys who did it smart- (precision tuning would be KEY to making it work.)

But honestly after seeing the condition of the internals of my blown up engine- I believe these folks are on borrowed time..... And that's my honest opinion- take it for what it's worth.

I would do some research and formulate a solid gameplan of attack.

I would like to jump back to your original post on the thread and offer my congratulations on your promotion.

Last edited:
Prof said:
Whoa, big fella...

Excellent advice :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back