New Rear is IN!!!!!WOW!

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man.....what a difference. The truck breaks traction at barely half throttle with street tires on! It is WAYYY more power hittin the ground with the Power-Lock. Install was a snap. The Power-Lock is a little noisy around corners but not bad at all. Test fitted the slicks and was shocked at the difference. Im going to the track SOON! I do have a problem though....the new studs are Nascar studs and are 5/8" instead of the usual 9/16" studs. On my factory wheels the new lugnuts fit fine...BUT, Im running aftermarket wheels that the lugnuts recess into. This poses a problem because the new lugnuts hit the recess hole for the stud. I CANNOT find any lugnuts with a 5/8" bore and a slim outer diameter...they just dont exist! Im trying to take the old 9/16" lugs and have them drilled and tapped but the 2 tool and die places Ive gone to say that the metal is too hard and will not be drillable.....

ANY IDEAS?????

Attachments

• rearend1.JPG
    rearend1.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 145
  • rearend3.JPG
    rearend3.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 143
  • rearend4.JPG
    rearend4.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 128
  • lugnuts.JPG
    lugnuts.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
That's what you have been up to... :D

Can't wait to see your numbers now. All the best!

Will

Blakewilder said:
Man.....what a difference. The truck breaks traction at barely half throttle with street tires on! It is WAYYY more power hittin the ground with the Power-Lock. Install was a snap. The Power-Lock is a little noisy around corners but not bad at all. Test fitted the slicks and was shocked at the difference. Im going to the track SOON! I do have a problem though....the new studs are Nascar studs and are 5/8" instead of the usual 9/16" studs. On my factory wheels the new lugnuts fit fine...BUT, Im running aftermarket wheels that the lugnuts recess into. This poses a problem because the new lugnuts hit the recess hole for the stud. I CANNOT find any lugnuts with a 5/8" bore and a slim outer diameter...they just dont exist! Im trying to take the old 9/16" lugs and have them drilled and tapped but the 2 tool and die places Ive gone to say that the metal is too hard and will not be drillable.....

ANY IDEAS?????

Why would you be happy that the truck breaks traction easier....??????

That was only with my OLD street tires that had no tread on em....but when I put the slicks on it HOOKED like crazy.....it tracks straight now too....before it kinda walked left and right a little.....we forgot to crank down the Caltracs too. So, we just did that and it is grabbin real nice now. Although I do look silly right now because I have 2 stock rims on the rear with 2 Asanti's on the front.

Blakewilder said:
That was only with my OLD street tires that had no tread on em....but when I put the slicks on it HOOKED like crazy.....it tracks straight now too....before it kinda walked left and right a little.....we forgot to crank down the Caltracs too. So, we just did that and it is grabbin real nice now. Although I do look silly right now because I have 2 stock rims on the rear with 2 Asanti's on the front.

NICE........................:rock:

Just put the stock wheels back on so it looks factory again. Sleeper mode....

Nice looking rear!
Did you put it in yourself?
If not, how much it run you?
Any other issues?

Right now my 14' box van breaks traction at part throttle also!!! Might have something to do with snow and icy roads?:D Must be nice to be able to evaluate traction on a dry road in the winter time. My .02 is that you will probably need new wheels. I had the same problem when going to larger diameter studs on my Road Runner, except that I could center drill the lug holes on the wheels I had. Sounds like you don't have that choice. I would not dare to drill out the centers of your lugs. Imagine what would happen if you snapped them at the track under full throttle....messy. And when you lose a wheel at the track a jersey barrier is always in your near future....again...messy. Sorry bro, I think your only choices are drilling out the wheel or getting new ones.

Greg

Just put the stock wheels back on and sell those ugly ass aftermarket rims :)

:dontknow: :2in1:
Blakewilder said:
Sickness just wants me and Stinker to give him another Golden Shower......

hey back to subject and away from the gayness!
what do you need on the wheels??? maybe i could help? i could call my Father's place and see what we could do??? if i could get the lugnutz then i will send them to you?

P.M. with your number and we could call him up??? that's if you want my help!:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Everything looks great Blake :beer:

If lugnuts are you only problem now after all you have been through, I'd said "Yeehaa Muthafawkas!!!! LOL

Going back to the stockers until you find others lugs isnt the worst thing in the world!

patrick

Blake if those 5/8 studs stick out past the wheel they make lug nuts with a shoulder on them that tightens up on the face of the wheel. That is the way mine were on my Road Runner. Summit or Jegs sell them.

blake, call rick at wheel city 812-473-9749. he should be able to help you with your nutz

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back