JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Our new carbon driveshafts are now available, $1000 plus shipping

here is a few pics

oem shaft wieght 15 lbs 12 ozs

carbon shaft weight 15lbs 15 ozs

the benifits of carbon

safety, unlike a steel or aluminum shaft, a carbon shaft will broom out or shatter into small portions , this keeping from major damage happening to more important components

higher rpms available from smoother rpms
higher spring and torsional rate than steel
less of a shock load to components
smoother shifting, meaning quicker shifts
due to a higher spring rate, a quicker or lower 60ft times
carbon actually will twist then spring back resultin in lower 60ft times
eliminates high rpm vibrations resulting in more hp and smoother engine operation at
high rpms
longer transmission and rear axle life
during hard shifts the shaft will actually wrap and aborb alot of the "hit" from hard shifts
resulting in quicker shifts and longer transmission life
t7075 billet ends, with a contiuous carbon weave
steel yokes
balance tested to 9500 rpms

ready for orders

100_2428-1.jpg

100_2429-1.jpg

100_2430-1.jpg

100_2431-1.jpg

Tony,

U'r not good for my bank account. :p

thanks fellas, longevity, I would say as long as oem would ,its actually a ton stronger, vibrations would be incredibly lower then oem, so it should be alot better for a daily driver

thanks fellas, longevity, I would say as long as oem would ,its actually a ton stronger, vibrations would be incredibly lower then oem, so it should be alot better for a daily driver

why is this? just balanced at higer RPM than factory or something to do with the carbon fiber itself?

my guess is that since you're using a slightly flexible material connecting the rear end to the trans, any driveline vibration is directly transferred to the frame/cab is dissipated (to a degree) by the carbon driveshaft...as opposed to metal connections between trans and the diff...

think of it like hitting a golf ball with a graphite shaft club vs. a steel shaft club...

just a guess... i'm no engineer...

my guess is that since you're using a slightly flexible material connecting the rear end to the trans, any driveline vibration is directly transferred to the frame/cab is dissipated (to a degree) by the carbon driveshaft...as opposed to metal connections between trans and the diff...

think of it like hitting a golf ball with a graphite shaft club vs. a steel shaft club...
just a guess... i'm no engineer...

never played golf, but makes sense about the carbon flexing a little

Momma picked up a couple more carbon shafts today, and had a lengthy conversation with frank, they came up with a deal for the QCs, it will be thick walled , 5 inch aluminum shaft, with upgraded u joints, I am gonna have her run a shaft back over for him to take measurements off of,
guesstimating probably $700 area
they will be built from the same tubing they do for the sled series, good for around 1800 ft lbs of trq
as soon as its built , will post up some pics

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back