New Shifter **See Pics**

10banger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someplace warm....I'm talking about a little place
Well let's just start it off this way. My weekend has been complete crap..... Long story that I'm not going to get into! I've been noticing that my shifts have been kinda "buttery", not popping into gear firmly. That's the best way I know how to put it. Well so, I take the truck out for the 1st time this weekend to relieve a little stress and break it out into WOT do a hard 1st to 2nd, then here comes 3rd..... when I put it into 3rd my hand smacks the ac controls and center console where my radio sits. I'm like WTF????:confused:

So I take the truck home immediately and decide to take the shifter assembly apart to see wtf happened..... and here is what I found!

100_0492.jpg

100_0493.jpg

Damn you shitty ass Hurst shifter!!

So I'm in the market for a new shifter. I've heard that the B&M and the X-Metal (Certain Gen's) are the best but I'm not 100% on that. Please guide me in the right direction. Your advice and knowledge here would be great!

Your so strong :D

It happens. Now upgrade it. I got a B&M years ago and so far, no issues. Not sure what else is out there.

As far as shifters no one makes them for us anymore. I took a 7inch hurst handle dipped it in rubber coating and used a pistol grip shifter. haven't missed a shift yet. I know one is in the process of being made, but unless you can find a used one, maybe tony can still get a b&m or 2.

DevilDawg3097 said:
As far as shifters no one makes them for us anymore. I took a 7inch hurst handle dipped it in rubber coating and used a pistol grip shifter. haven't missed a shift yet. I know one is in the process of being made, but unless you can find a used one, maybe tony can still get a b&m or 2.
Nevermind you edited your post :eek:

Picture148.jpg

shifter2.jpg

Not only does it shortin the throw with the plasti dip it vibrates no louder than a b&M and shifts better;)

might want to check with Ron @ Cherry Performance for a stick

Even the B&M has had some stick failures. For awhile they were offering a steel stick in place of the original aluminum one. So if you broke the Hurst shifter, the stock B&M probably won't last you long. As said above, Cherry Performance made some steel sticks for the B&M but I don't know if they're still available.

If you have access to a drill press and a band saw or something strong. Cut off the bad part of your stick line up the holes on the shifter to the new part of the handle drill 2.1/2 inch holes some bolts and washer your done. And it takes about 4inches off the handle;) That was a shit design to begin with.

DevilDawg3097 said:
If you have access to a drill press and a band saw or something strong. Cut off the bad part of your stick line up the holes on the shifter to the new part of the handle drill 2.1/2 inch holes some bolts and washer your done. And it takes about 4inches off the handle;) That was a shit design to begin with.
Yeah, that's pretty much my problem. I don't have access to either.... I may have to find someone though...

I know your in a rush, Ill dig my stock handle out if ya need it. Have to remember where its buried:confused: but I know I have it still:stupido2: :p

DevilDawg3097 said:
I know your in a rush, Ill dig my stock handle out if ya need it. Have to remember where its buried:confused: but I know I have it still:stupido2: :p
Lol, thanks man! If you can find it PM me your price and I'll gladly take it off your hands. The only real problem that I've had with my factory stick, is this. Otherwise, I always hit 2nd to 3rd...... unless my stick breaks!:mad:

if you want it red or black or silver shoot me a pm, shooting some stuff an can knock it out for ya, no charge on this one buddy, :)

a carbon fiber shift stick:dontknow: :rock: :D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
if you want it red or black or silver shoot me a pm, shooting some stuff an can knock it out for ya, no charge on this one buddy, :)

I'll send you $5 to make it purple :p :elefant:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back