New stereo, amp and sub!

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a month of planning and searching through numerous threads on the forum, I finally ordered a new deck, sub amp, sub and all the extras to keep the steering wheel controls. Took all the parts to Best Buy and had them install everything; by far the cheapest price, very clean install and the guy went through everything with me before I left. The JL audio sub fit perfectly in the box but I did have to cut out all the plastic inserts inside it first. LOVE THE SOUND and despite the sub box being plastic, it hits hard! Can't wait to go through all my music again to see how it sounds!

Deck: Kenwood DNX573S
Sub: JL Audio 10W0v3-4
Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime R500X1D

Purchased the sub from a local shop ($100 online though), amp and wiring kit from onlinecarstereo.com and deck, dash kit, maestro RR and harness and antenna adapter from Crutchfield. Didn't touch the other stock amp in the dash but the speakers came alive with this unit! The amp has a wired controlled to adjust the bass on the fly (wife can't take it at all) and the amp sits nicely under the driver seat. I know I'll get around to doing all the other stock speakers but right now, this is more than enough!

Attachments

• JL audio sub.jpg
    JL audio sub.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5822.JPG
    IMG_5822.JPG
    616.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5791 (2).JPG
    IMG_5791 (2).JPG
    751.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5789.JPG
    IMG_5789.JPG