New Subwoofer And Amp

JGUZMAN

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just installed my new subwoofer and amp last night and I must say, I am very impressed. However, it is definitely obvious that the weak point is in our factroy enclosures. The subwoofer and amp are doing a great job, they're pushing a lot of a** but the enclosure just can't keep up. Anyway, it was a very easy install. Only needed a few parts which I obtained fron The Home Depot and Menards. Here's what I got.

JL Audio 10" speaker (Model # 10w0v3)
Rockford Fosgate Prime 500 (Model # r500x1d)

The speaker is a single 4-ohm voice coil with a 75-300 watt RMS range. The amplifier is 500 watts RMS at 2 ohms, and 300 watts RMS at 4-ohms. All i did was run the battery positive all the way to the compartment and found a good ground on the truck. Other than that, I soldered extensions onto the existing wiring to reuse on the new amplifier. The stock subwoofer is a dual voice coil, so it was the four wires running to it. I simply combined the two wires and ran them as two pairs, one for positive and one for negative to the JL subwoofer. The pinout from the stock infinity sub amp out was very simple as well. This is what mine looked like.

1) Ground (Black wire) (unused for my application)

2) Battery positive (Red wire) (unused for my application)

3) Remote (wiring diagram says dark green, but mine was like orange with tan or something like that)

4) Amplifier output to Sub, Coil 1 neg (dark green/brown)

5) Amplifier output to Sub, Coil 1 pos (gray/brown)

6) Amplifier output to Sub, Coil 2 neg (dark green/white)

7) Amplifier output to Sub, Coil 2 pos (gray/white)

8) Amplifier input neg (gray/tan)

9) Amplifier input pos (dark green/tan)

10) Spare

I used the same amplifier input from the old amplifier on my new amp. The RF amp has a low and high level input. The high level input reads that it is sensitive up to 4V and the stock amp input I measured at 6V.... I decided to take my chances. It didn't burn up on initial start up, but I'll post if and when it takes a crap.

Overall very satisfied. Nice, clean, tight punch from the combo :rock: I'll just try to live with the stock enclosure for as long as possible until I get annoyed and get a good one. HAHA

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back